1st Boat.....ah, Raft

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by FlyFshn'Fool, Jan 3, 2012.

1. shawn k

shawn k Member

You answered my question perfectly. Now I know why an Aire sdp rows like crap when only one person besides the person rowing the boat.

2. FlyFshn'Fool

FlyFshn'Fool Member

Kind of nice to have the owner chime in on the thread. I understand why of course, but think there is nothing wrong with providing detailed and informative info about the product. Link, I have been meaning to and will make it a point to phone in the up and coming week as I have a few more questions.

3. Linkj

Linkj Link Jackson

Home Page:
    I tried to keep it informative and avoid sales type comments. There are a lot of boats and a lot of options. I can only hope that each buyer chooses with thorough knowledge & understanding of their personal needs and how the boat they choose meets those needs with an educated view of the good and bad features of all. What works for me will not necessarily work for all but my reasons for having developed a new boat certainly merit inspection. My phone is always at ready for questions and I pledge to give answers that cut to the essence of the options. It will be impossible to avoid reference to my past experiences but I will keep it informative and factual.

4. Shapp

Shapp Active Member

Well now that is just silly talk. While I am sure the StreamTech boats are badass, I have rowed my AIRE SDP on a bunch of Class IV multiday rivers loaded to the hilt and it is plenty plenty responsive. Maybe you need to pump up the SPD before you row it, or make sure the PRV valve isn't clogged so you get a nice tight floor.

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    I love my cat, and got it as an opportnity presented itself. Having been in Derek's Streamtech, I think I'd like one of my own...when it is time to retire the cat. I like the rockered design, and the cat like qualities plus extra floatation is nice. Derek rowed us over a couple of small drops that allowed me to stand and go right through, really stable. The thing also turns on a dime, even with my less than skilled self rowing. Quite light weight too, Derek easily got it onto the flatbed trailer at a less that smooth take out, almost without effort.

6. shawn k

shawn k Member

Put my 470 pound fat ass brother up front and you would agree with me.

7. FlyFshn'Fool

FlyFshn'Fool Member

Now thats funny, I don't care who you are!

8. Shapp

Shapp Active Member

well there are things that I had not considered possible, we are going to need to see a picture of that! :)