FS 2 reels for sale: Orvis & SA - 6/7 wt and 5/6 wt.

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Biscuet, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Biscuet Member

Colorado
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I have 2 reels that i'd like to sell simply because i don't use them anymore. They can either sit in my gear bag, or they can go to a new home and catch some fish! I just cleaned them both up and made sure the drag and retrieve are both in working order. They both seem to be working great! Here are some details:

Orvis Madison for 6/7 weight line ::
    This is a sturdy, solid reel! Orvis doesn't make crappy stuff. I took the line and backing off because they were old and not something you'd want to keep anyway. The reel does have a few scuffs, but no dents or cuts or anything that would effect how it fishes. - $80 shipped.

Scientific Anglers System2 5/6L ::
    This reel is made for 5/6 weight line. This is also a solid reel that i just don't use anymore. Actually, as i was cleaning it up and testing the drag i was tempted to keep it and put it back to use. However, if i don't start offloading some gear to recoup some money i've been spending on other gear then my wife is going to kill me! :)
    The reel does have a few scuffs, but no dents or cuts or anything that would effect how it fishes. It comes lined with a WF5F line (Sage).
    Here's a brief description of this reel that i found online: "System 2 reels are the best selling disc drag reels in the world and the most copied reel design in all of fly fishing. Built to hold up under the harshest fishing conditions in the most corrosive saltwater environments, these reels have set the standard for how serious anglers measure pure fish-stopping power."
    - $80 shipped

System 2_2.jpeg System 2_3.jpeg System 2_1.jpeg Madison 1.jpg Madison 2.jpg Madison 3.jpg
  2. Biscuet Member

Colorado
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    If interested, make me an offer.