2 Spey Reels

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Andy, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Lamson LP5 Excellent condition, asking $165 OBO for both reel and the extra spool.

Also, Redington AL 11/12. Works great. I bought it, it was stolen, my buddy darryl bought it back from some guy out of his van at the Skagit, I bought it back, now I am selling it. $125 OBO

Andy
    anperrault@probusiness.com
  2. headstrong1 youngish old guy

Cashmere
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Does Lamson make a LP5? On their website they show LP's up to 4 only. What line weight does it hold? Thanks.
  3. Fishman Member

Anacortes WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    What weight does the Lamson take? Are Redingtons good Reels? I'm very interested in either one.
  4. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    I assure you it is an LP5. I dont think they make them any more, I beleive they discontinued them when they started making the LiteSpeed reels, not sure though. It will hold any spey line and backing that you could put on it, lots of room, but not too big. It is about the size of a Large Arbor reel with out the large arbor. It is very lightweight and will hold a mile of backing. I bought it because I was getting a new spey rod, but ended up with a good deal on a spey rod/reel combo, so I have never used it. It sounds like a rolex when it spins, very nicely machined.
    Heres the Skinny on the lamson LP5
    LP-5 Line sizes: 9/DT-225 20#, 12/WF-300 30#-250 30#
    diameter: 4 weight in ounces: 9 ΒΌ list price: $250
  5. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    The Reddington is nice and steady. Its a bit heavier than most reels, but I use the 9/10 of the same model on my 8wt singlehander and have no complaints. There was a nice thread on Reddington reels about 2 weeks ago you should do a search for.

Both reels would be great for any spey rod. They have lots of room for backing and are very smooth. You could put the Lamson on a 12 wt spey rod down to an 8 or 9 wt single had rod and it wouldnt look ridiculous, especially since it weighs almost nothing, it wont overbalance your rod. You would just have to adjust the amount of backing you have on it from 1/2 a mile to 2 miles depending on what line/rod size you are using.
  6. Fishman Member

Anacortes WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    sprey reels

What Do I have to do to get the Lamson. Here's my other e-mail. Would like to buy it.
    psmed@hotmail.com
  7. Andy Workin in a sweet mullet

Columbia River Gorge
    sprey reels

Fishman
    I emailed you, its yours... pending $$$$