2006-07 Beginner/Intermediate Anti-Shack Nasty Marathon Fly Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Ron Eagle Elk, Sep 17, 2006.

1. davpot davpot

Cornelius, Oregon
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Hello Ron et al:
    Is it too late to get on board? this is searun cutt Dave in Oregon.
    Im always a day late........etc.
    Thanks
    Dave:confused: :confused:
  2. gmbjr New Member

Spanaway , WA
    ok if it matters to any in the swap im currently tying up my flies and will mail them off this wk prob i hate procrastinating ... if i do itll show hehe

btw im tying bloody mary X (sz 16)
  3. Ned Wright New Member

Tenino, WA
    iagree This smiley just seemed appropriate.

I too have gotten a jump on my flies (8 down, 4 to go) so as not to conflict with deer season.

The ironic part is that I too am tying Bloody Mary Bead Heads (sz 12). Well, at least we aren't tying the same size:beer2:

Hope all is well,
    Ned
  4. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Dave, Sorry Buddy. We had a cut off date of October 5th.

Guys, your tying 9 flies this month, nymphs. My mail box is feeling lonely out there. Let's fill that pig up.

REE
  5. Anyfish Fishing with the kids

Olympia, WA
    Ron:

I will make up toe tags tonight and ship in the morning. A big ugly bug is coming your way. New pattern for me, so it is not pretty, but it will take fish.
  6. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Anyfish,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. If trout think your fly is good enough to eat, who am I top argue.

REE
  7. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Dang, you guys are just too darn quick. I haven't even sent out the "Welcome to the Swap Letter" and already I have Anyfish's flies sitting here, Nice looking nymphs, AnyFish. I may have to copy that one before I ship them out.

REE
  8. gmbjr New Member

Spanaway , WA
    well my flies go in the mail to ya tomorrow... good thing too i managed to break 2 fingers on myy left hand today at work :eek:
    you should get them mon or tues
  9. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    gmbjr,

Jeez Dude, what do you do for a living? Whatever it is, I don't want to do it. I hate pain and broke anything hurts.

Let us know how your getting along, Okay. Good work on getting those flies in the mail.

REE
  10. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    So I saw that this swap was full, and that another tyier was rejected. But if I can, could I jump on board starting next swap due date? I don't even mind having to do a 2 for 1 on the first swap in....
  11. DDS Member

Portland Oregon
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I would like to get into this if possible.
  12. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    gmbjr, Your flies arrived in really good shape. A sturdy fly box like you used and a padded envelope will protect your flies during shipment, and be less expensive.

James and Davpot, I asked the guys about opening the swap up for a couple more. Only got a response from two so far.

DDS, I'll ask, but it's up to those who already signed up.

REE
  13. James Mello Inventor of the "closed eye conjecture"

Tacoma
    Ratings: +88 / 0
    Will wait for the response :) Hopefully they'll be amenable, but if they aren't and they think I'm a tool, the so be it! :) :) :)
  14. Mark Ritari Trouthunter

let james in! :thumb:
    and im sending my flies in today
  15. Calvin1 Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    I have no problems with additional individuals for the next round. My flies will be in the mail on Monday. They've been tied up and sitting on my desk for a while, just haven't made it down to the post office yet.
  16. Ned Wright New Member

Tenino, WA
    Oh crap! I accidentally tied 10 flies! Looks like the swapmeister will have to keep one of them ;)

Mine are going out tomorrow. As mentioned in PM, I am for including the extra tiers even if that means worse odds on the tying contest. Looks like that would mean a bakers dozen each month if I keep accidentally adding one for the swapmeister. :beer2:

Hope all is well,
    Ned
  17. roadhog professional freight relocator

spokane valley wa
    hey ya all i say let them in next month. the more people in, the more flies for me. :rofl: mine are about done and should be in the mail monday the 23rd.
    thanx roadhog :thumb: :thumb:
  18. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    We have a majority! Davpot, James Mello, and DDS, your in if you still want in. Your first flies will be due November 30th. Welcome to the madness.

REE
  19. DDS Member

Portland Oregon
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Thanks! I appreciate you letting me in. I think you will enjoy my patterns.
  20. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ned (of Ned and Jane fame) your flies arrived yesterday.

REE