2009 FFF Fly Tying Expo in Albany OR

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Les Johnson, Mar 7, 2009.

1. Les Johnson Les Johnson

.Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    To anyone who hasn't attended the Oregoin Council FFF Fly Tying Expo in Albany, Oregon I recommend it. This Tying Expo, (March 13, 14) has been going on for many years and always draws a huge number of tiers from Oregon, Washington and California, plus others from various locales. There are professional tiers, superb amaturer tiers and just people who like to tie flies. This year there are about 160 tiers on tap. Some names you will recognize are Harry Lemire, Preston Singletary, Jimmy Lemert and possibly Alec Jackson. I will be tying as well for my twelfth year at the event.
    There are also a lot of vendors in attendance so you can try out fly rods, etc. You can check out the details on on the web at Oregon Council Fly Tying and Fly Fishiing Expo.
    Cheers,
    Les
  2. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    My wife, Vickie, and I will be tying there for our first time this year. Tables 22 and 23 Friday morning and 44 and 45 Saturday afternoon. Gives us plenty of time to walk around and visit.

REE
  3. Les Johnson Les Johnson

.Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Terrific! You will really enjoy it. I'll get buy your table to say hello.
    Les
  4. Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Coupeville, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'll be at table 54 Friday afternoon and Saturday morning at #23. Stop by and say hello.
    It was great to see all of you that stopped by at the Bellevue and Portland shows!
  5. Ron Eagle Elk Active Member

Yelm, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +110 / 0
    Les, I'll be bringing a pen and my copy of your Coastal Cutthroat book. Just wanted to give you fair warning.

Randy, Look forward to seeing you again, my friend. Been way too long. VEE says Hi.