2009 Summer Steelhead

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Thomas Mitchell, May 7, 2009.

1. D3Smartie

D3Smartie Active Member

iagree

2. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Thanks guys, they already went out but that's cool of you anyway.

I should have thought of it before but next time I host a swap, if there are any extras, I think I'll distribute them so that everyone gets an extra that someone else tied. I should have thought of it this time but my brain was too fried from a tough week at work.

If anyone got the wrong fly box or I managed some other CF, just let me know.

The gallery is now complete and everyone should have gotten a PM from me with a USPS delivery confirm number in case the flies don't show.

Also - I'm interested in your feedback about this sort of 'on time' swap format.

Thx,

Thomas

3. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

I liked it a lot, especially the suggested mail-in date. Made sure everyone was on their toes.

4. Arthur Vakulchik

Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

i got my flies and they look great! great on time delivery and great flies!!!
    ill be sure to join more of your swaps

arthur

5. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Thomas, I got my flies today and they look better than they do in the pictures...which is saying a lot. Super tasty flies guys!! Great job!

I also really like the 'on time' swap format, like it really should be. I hosted a swap this winter and had some really late stragglers, and it ended up being much later than I would have liked. So next time for me is going to be the "OCD Thomas" style :thumb:

I can't wait to get out and fish these.

6. Jeremy Floyd

Jeremy Floyd fly fishing my way through life

Got my package today. Everything looked great.

D3's purple muddler that I got had perfect proportions, in my humble opinion. (I already took the tags off, but I think it was yours)

You guys just about doubled the amount of spey flies in my inventory.

7. Thomas, thanks again! Really liked the straight-forwardness right out of the gate! Great flies everyone, can't wait to get out and fish them. :thumb:

8. joeh

joeh New Member

Got my set today. Great job by all and great job by the swapmaster.

This was my first swap and I had a lot of fun. Lots of great flies, can't wait to get back to the nortwest and try them out.

9. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Awesome ties and swap. Thanks gents!! I agree they are definitely even better in person!

10. Jake Bannon

Jake Bannon nymphs for steelhead....

Also got mine today, very nice looking flies. I really like David's purple skater, simply an awsome tie.

11. Keaten LaBrel

Keaten LaBrel Formerly Tyinbugs

Got mine and they all look great! thanx everyone! can't wait to try um all out!

12. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Thanks all. It was a good swap.

I've got an idea for another one that'll come in late summer as we get ready to fill our boxes for Fall/Winter.

Thomas

13. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Received mine yesterday.

Beautiful flies guys! All of them are very impressive and I myself, can't wait to try them out!:thumb:

Thank you Tom for running the show...

Richard

14. very nice ties folks. You have inspired me to start tying for my trip to the Klamath this fall. I might have to join the next swap.

15. Steelie Mike

Steelie Mike Active Member

Great flies guys.