2010 Hohdown

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Dec 5, 2009.

?

Dates for 2010 Hoh down

1. 1st week in March

15.6%
  2. 2nd...

15.6%
  3. 3rd...

46.9%
  4. 4...

28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Finally got my work schedule for March, have the 3d weekend off - might actually be able to make my first Hoh Down :)

2. I should be able to make it whatever weekend is picked.

3. March!?!?! I thought it was december! I am already here! Fishing was great the last week, but yesterday she started to rise and well this morning it is jumping. Guess I will check out the Quillayute system. Snowed the first two days, it was neat. Floated the upper section, parked the boat on a bar in front of my camp then floated the middle section (Willoboughys to Oxbow) yesterday. Had to walk the 8 miles back to camp as I failed to realize my motorcycle is waaaay to heavy to lift onto the 3.5 ft high trailer. I sat at the Oxbow camp for an hour or so in the morning hoping others would be shuttling but no one. So I drove back to camp and headed down! It was great, the middle section is amazing! Just need to buy a flue (sp?) for my stove pipe and the tent will stay warm all nite, right now the heat escapes as soon as the fire is out. Time to explore new water, see you guys in March!

4. Those were the days, it would be cool to get the old crew back together for one more gig.

5. Agreed been to a few Hoh downs and non have come close to the first one.
    The Dry Falls thing went about the same way with only about a dozen of us total even there and last year as far as I know it did not even happen.

6. i'll be over there as much as possible this spring, so im sure i'll be droppin in. probably with a buddy or two. i'll bring beer, a giant cooler and and plenty of tarps. doesnt matter to me which dates are chosen. i'll probably be over there regardless.

7. Should have put a end date to the poll. sounds like people need to put in for their vac. soon. How about we go threw the weekend then call it.
    Jeff

8. Sounds fair to me Jeff.

9. So 48% picked the third week in March, 3/15 to 3/21. Lets all hope for good fishing weather.
    I was hoping someone could come up with some artwork for shirts.

10. My girl may be interested in making a design for a shirt. She is a graphic designer and does great artwork. The next think would be to find a screen printer that would do the work on such a small order. Thinking 15-20 shirts. I will talk to her tonight about it. If anyone knows a screen printer locally, we could get something going. All my screen printing friends are back in MI.

11. I have the days off and an OK from my better half, now I just need to find a boat with a seat - anyone willing to hook me up?

12. Rob, last year we had more seats then we could fill. I'll be bringing my boat but can't launch it with the RV. Ed and Mark are bucking with me but won't arrive tell midweek. So if you have a truck to tow the boat to a launch we could go any time before that. I'll be there from Saturday the 13th through the following Sunday. Nine days to fish. It's going to rock.

13. i got the week off. fingers crossed for good conditions!

14. I could possibly be bringing my two man toon and solo toon, just because I might be towing THE JEFF'S pretty little boat and bunking (not bucking there pal) with him in his RV does not mean I have to row and fish with his crazy ass. Just kidding. As the time draws closer I'll figure out which pontoon or toons I'll be bringing. Loaning them if I'm in a boat with someone is always a very high probability. Sean, hope this year pans out better for you than last! Not even Christmas and I'm getting pretty excited to regroup.

15. Lookin forward to this one..never been..but not non accustomed to fishin camp. Jerry..I'm handy in the kitchen so will lend my hand. Ed, lookin for some 2 hand skills..haven't practiced since Kinneys class in June..my bad? Speaking of Kinney and the other guides here..are they gonna come for a day on the river? Spey on the Hoh? How fun would that be. If I can get my old GMC and camper back to life in the next few months..which I will for this junket..count me in. And Jerry let me know what you'd like me to bring from the east side..fruit..hispanic stuff from an awesome market we have here. But frankly what we have here you can probably get at the market in Forks. And if anyone from here wants to carpool, send me a pm.
    Eric

16. Holly Shit!!!! Have heard "Team Rugged" for a long time. If you can't drive a couple hundred miles, drink like the fish you stalk, and sleep in the snow,get up and go fish, just because,..... then don't bother.

17. We ride again kimosabe!! bring the jet boat Monty;)

18. And don't forget the portable welder to put your tailer back together! Dooh!

19. 3rd week in March. I'm new to the forum, will try to make it. Where do we meet? Camping or Motel?

20. CC, welcome. Camping is the primary method for those that attended last year. That holds true from previous years I'm told. I had a great deal at Bagby's Town Motel in Forks and stayed there with another friend and WFF member. The rates were good, rooms more than adequate for a couple of dudes there to fish. 15 minutes from the Oxbow Campground. Downside was that the drive after the evening group meal and bonfire meant that responsibility in consumption was in order. Less a factor at camp.

Search "Hoh Down 2009", a long thread you should find here. Much converstation from many members. I met quite a few of them and have fished with many since then. Again welcome, do a bit of research and see you around camp.