2010 Hohdown

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Dec 5, 2009.

?

Dates for 2010 Hoh down

1st week in March 10 vote(s) 15.6%
2nd... 10 vote(s) 15.6%
3rd... 30 vote(s) 46.9%
4... 18 vote(s) 28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fodf Team Umiak

In my happy place.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Reservations confirmed at the DewDropInn 3/17-3/20..woot woot..I'll stop in at camp on my way to home base and introduce myself. Jerry, I'll be there brite and early on the 18th to help out with brekkie if need be. Otherwise, I'll see u guys when I see ya.
    Eric
  2. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +659 / 5
    I'll be in camp by early the 17th (maybe late 16th not sure yet). So be my guest. :)

Also, may do a thread about who is serious about coming, and doing a bulk food buy in so I can do the shopping beforehand. That's if people want to eat the grub I'm fixing. :)
  3. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,356 / 9
    Hell yes Jerry. I for one will be interested in the food. I spoke with Mark yesterday on the phone, he is interested in the food.

What about boat seats and who would like them? I plan on bringing my 2 seat pontoon. I could bring my solo pontoon if someone trustworthy would like to have a way to access spots that wade angling might not permit. Based on who's floating and how many seats are open and needed I might not bother bringing the extra toon. I recall last year Jerry brought his and I don't think they even got used.
  4. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,125 / 4
    I received a promotion at work yesterday, putting me in charge of a crew and a ship that is coming out of dry dock around that time, so as of right now it's kinda up in the air as to me making it or not. The promotion is great, but it will suck if I have to miss it again.

Nick
  5. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +230 / 3
    I would certainly be interested in group food, and will need a seat in a boat or directions on wading spots:)
  6. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    What's the format, camping? Moteling? Where, exactly? I'll help cook if I get the OK from her Ladyship; she who will be left alone with the Bumpass Hounds!
  7. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +280 / 1
    Format, we don't need no stinking format.

Really, its just a bunch of guys getting together to fish, eat and get shitty around a cold wet campfire. Not necessarily in that order.
    The easiest thing would be to do a search of past get togethers.
  8. John Hicks Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits

Olympia
    Ratings: +180 / 1
    Ah crap. I guess I'll be there too. Was going to do another week but what the hell.
  9. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,653 / 0
    HA, Ha, Ha. That will be the day when you catch a fish.

And no, I'm not coming this year. Too poor and too old to drive that far anymore.
  10. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Five more weeks, I can't hardly stand the anticipation. I got to get tying.
  11. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Yup, no real way we do it. Some camp, some hotel it, etc etc.

But have some new tricks up my sleeve for food. Am doing experimenting now to make sure I have it tuned in for the Hoh Down. :) So bring an appetite with your fishing gear.
  12. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    Ok, I checked with Her Ladyship, and have "the blessing", so pass weather permitting, I should be there. Looks like meeting place is the Oxbow Campground. I should see you guys there. Should I bring the Clacka? I'm not the best oarsman on the river, as Derek will tell you! Jerry, I'll PM you re: food/cooking
  13. Craig Schulz Midwest transplant, but taking root nicely....

Gig Harbor, WA
    I got found this thread, so the weekend is the 20th and 21st correct? If so I will have to make it another year, but I might head out the weekend before. Sounds like it would be a blas, have fun all!
  14. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Alex, Yes to bringing the boat. I'm sure there will be someone there with experience to help you learn the river.
    Jeff
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Alex, follow Jeff. He'll show you the line to row. I followed him in my pontoon boat for three days last year. I learned a lot from watching him row and following his line.
    Mitransplant. There will be some folks there the weekend before and some that will stay through the week leading up to the 20th and 21st. How long would you be out there? Maybe some who will be there will contact you.
  16. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Yeah, bring the boat. We have may have some PHWFF soldiers on this trip, so may need a couple boats. We're still trying to pan this one out. :)
  17. NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

Seattle,WA
    for those of you guys camping, will it be pretty spread out or are people camping around the same areas? I may be coming for 1 or 2 nights and will be bringing my small one man tent.
  18. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    NdT, the Oxbow seems to be the hub of debauchery. If full, Cottonwood also has free camping I believe. Hard to imagine not being able to tuck a one man tent in somewhere nearby. What night or two do you anticipate being there?
  19. NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

Seattle,WA
    Haven't decided yet but it will be either the Monday and Tuesday of that week or Thursday and Friday. I leave on a trip to NYC the week after on monday so I think I may head out on the 13th-16th or so if people are already out there for that weekend.
  20. NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

Seattle,WA
    just a thought but anybody interested in putting together a movie after this? I have a couple friend who do great work as videographers and photographer...might be fun to have them film and put together a movie. They have allt he professional gear for filming and I've seen their work and it's beyond great. If we can get enough peopel to pitch in, we can make it happen. We can do something like $10 pitch in per person, and those who pitch in can get the DVD for free, those who don't can buy the DVD's for like 5-10$ each or something.

Let me know what you guys think and I'll talk to my friends about cost, etc.