2010 Hohdown

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by jeff bandy, Dec 5, 2009.

?

Dates for 2010 Hoh down

1st week in March 10 vote(s) 15.6%
2nd... 10 vote(s) 15.6%
3rd... 30 vote(s) 46.9%
4... 18 vote(s) 28.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,575 / 0
    Just a random thought, but who watches a DVD of unshowered, unshaven fishermen eating Jerry's chow and drinking excessive amounts of cheap beer and carrying on and passing out around the campfire like the uncivilized human beings they are?
  2. NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I would assume other unshowered, unshaven fisherman eating and drinking excessive amounts of cheap beer and carryong on and passing out around the campfire like uncivilized human beings may be interested in watching lol :)

I think that might be part of the appeal too...where else do you get a movie with raw footages of a bunch of crazy dude's camping out a week steelheading in rain and cold...you never know.
  3. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Not to mention unshaven drunken disheveled fishermen NOT catching any fish
  4. Mark Walker Active Member

So. Cal.
    Ratings: +220 / 1
    This must of have been the year BEFORE last year Salmo-g.
    Last year, I don't recall any unshowered, smelly, excessive drinkers of CHEAP beer, any "carrying on" or passing out. (although OMJ was a bit wobblely once)
    All I remember was fine beer (Alaska something or other), fine scotch and whiskey, five star cuisine, (OK..four star elk) fine cigars, and polite, civil, behavior.....AND NO FISH!:rofl::rofl::rofl:
  5. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +252 / 1
    Hay, knock off that no fish talk. I did land that one small buck.:rofl: Besides this year we're all going to end up in arm slings from fighting so many 36+" fish.

I make every cast thinking that is just whats going to happen.
    First I think I see a shadow on the front of that large bolder right in the middle of the run. He's just hanging there like a eagle on a thermal. Big fish with enough color that I can see the bright red gill plate flashing.
    It's not a hard cast but far enough that I have to really cast it. Not just flop it out there, like must of my casts. 70' or so.
    It's kind of warm today so no need to go deep. I'm going to start off swinging a large purple dee.
    The first swing I'll hold 10' above him as it comes across. With each swing getting closer and closer.
    Just as I've swung one within 2' of his head, He gives just a little kick and

Then I wake up.

4 1/2 weeks to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jeff
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,329 / 9
    You are KILLING me with the countdown Jeff, keep it coming. I caught the same number of fish as many great anglers out there last year, even with my wrong handed casting style.
  7. Matt Smith On the river Noyb

Monroe, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    Ok I will knock off the negative thinking. Steelhead are not mythical creatures and we are all going to be catching lots of them.
  8. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,626 / 0
    [QUOTE=Mark Walker;516322 (although OMJ was a bit wobblely once)

I'm wobbly because of my knees. That's because I am OLD
  9. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

OMJ if you could take the time and have the memories you not only know lots more than these youngsters. you could write a book that would maske them all envious I think and They all would probably have a hard time living up to it in their life times. I had a good spey casting lesson from Aaron yesterday. I'm trying to catch up to you. someday I'll catch one of those steelhead that you say are gone from here. Happy fishing