2011 Stillwater resolutions

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by troutpocket, Dec 12, 2010.

1. BFK

BFK Member

Let's see--first on my list is to get the pram built. Second, is to get the fly boxes filled with enough variety (that's taking place now). I've spent a lot of time in the salt, so hitting the dozens of lakes within a reasonable distance will be a good change. I also have a strong desire to hit a couple of big lakes that fly fishers largely ignore. Mostly, though, I just want to fish more, and having a small boat that slides into the back of the pickup will help with a couple of hours on this little gem or that.

2. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Media:
    A day without chironomids but only if Troutpocket will share some of his ties with me. Dryfalls won't count. Tell you what Rod, we'll work hard to hit a Brown this year and in the late fall/early Summer we'll hit a few lakes where I know we can hit them on dries. You could have picked up one at Coffee if you would have fished one.

Oh, I also want to get my 4 year old out more to his some fish and I want to pound a lake on the Islands for Bass again, this time going back with HUGE streamer patterns for bass the size of my leg.

Ira..

3. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Yes , I am twisted, but I have to tell you that I found my pain meds and I took some before writing that post. I didnt mean any of it. It got a rise out of you as you most likely thought you were going to fish with me.

4. JackJester

JackJester Member

More BC. *A lake a day as long as you stay. *I like to hit 2 per day. *A Big brown ain't got nothing compared to a Kamloops rainbow. *It's like a cargo plane vs a high tech fighter. *Get a BC outdoors mapbook and close your eyes to select a lake. *I hope to visit 5 more new lakes this season. *

5. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Media:
    Lakes were my first love. I learned to flyfish on still water and some of my best memories are from lake fishing. Memories like: two fish back to back on Bayley over 45 inches of fish(es) incredible..... Wannacut a few years ago on the fling. It was raining so hard that the othetr guys gave up and I couldn't quit because I was catching so many fish. When I got back to the shore in my float tube the wind was blowing so hard I coouldn't get out of the tube. I ended up tipping the tube over and crawling up the beach....Paddling around Houser lake with a light 4wt and catching about a 100 bluegills on a hot hot july day...Coffee Pot last year all alone on the lake I caught four of the biggest hardest fighting fish one evening and there wasno one there to brag about it...
    Yes stilll water is fun This year my goal is to get out in the afternoons more I have so many lakes that are withing 30-40 minutes from work. Now that I am working only part time at the fly shop I think it is my duty to get the direct scoop on the local lakes on a regular basis.
    AND I think a 10' pram is definately on the must have list..
    Blessings
    jesse

6. scottflycst

scottflycst Active Member

JJ, I agree you need to fish more so we will have up to date info on the hottest holes!
    I'm going to fish more with some of the fine folks on this board and hopefully spend more time on the water with current friends.

7. troutpocket

troutpocket Active Member

Media:
    Ira - that's a deal! March isn't too far away. I've got some brown trout territory in mind.

Ive - You're on my radar. I'll be in touch when I make the trip.

8. LakeLuster

LakeLuster Guest

I'm gettin' on this one a bit late, sorry..
    This year I want to use a wider variety of techniques based on what's happening at the moment, instead of sticking with what I'm comfortable with. Discovering this board is a solid step toward being able to do that.

9. Irafly

Irafly Indi "Ira" Jones

Media:
    Where you all at so far? With two trips under my belt now, I have had a day without catching fish on chironomids, but I did fish them so I don't know if that counts.

Ira..

10. robl

robl Member

Media:
    Finally fish Dry Falls and check out more of eastern washington. I've lived here most of my life and haven't hardly seen or fished most of it!

11. Chef

Chef New Member

been out every weekend since jan. I have been loving it.

12. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

I want to catch a piggie like Jim! Especially since I had to watch Scott Salzer catch one in the same lake about the same size and I got zippo! And Jim-if you bring Mumbles over to the Methow, I will fish with him as well! In fact-I would like to also show him some of the moving water in the Methow! Maybe a tiger trout from that secret lake that Jim, Scott and I know about! Rick

13. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

Rick, shoooooooose on the secret lake

14. Steve Call

Steve Call Active Member

More dry side rivers
    more wet side rivers
    an occasional lake
    more Montana
    maybe a little NE Oregon

15. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Rick, awesome. I'm hoping we can get that set up. Micro Brew, Trout Master and Rick Todd. Pretty tough to round that group with a hack like me. I'll certainly hope that my watermaster will find its way on some piggy lakes and the Methow would be awesome too.

16. Richard Torres

Richard Torres Active Member

Media:
    Some good 2011 resolutions.
    Fish an eastside lake and some on the west side i've never fished before would be a good start.

17. Gregg Lundgren

Gregg Lundgren Now fishing on weekdays too!

Media:
    I hope to fish the Okanagon region more often. Like I did back in the day!