20ga in the hills

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Alex MacDonald, May 3, 2013.

1. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +879 / 0
    Don Adams, John Lorenz and I trotted out the scatterguns yesterday to see if we could shake off the dust and bust some clay up on Mt. Home Road, and I'm pleased to say both Adams and Lorenz are busting birds with regularity now. Especially Don, who just bought a new AYA #2, with some really nice wood! And the old fart here's still 25 out of 25, but two of `em took a second shot to dust. The grouse are "concerned".
    constructeur likes this.
  2. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +770 / 1
    You shouldn't be stressing the grouse while their trying to raise youngin's...:D
  3. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

We's "edukatin" `em!
  4. Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Columbia Basin
    Ratings: +630 / 0
    The only way I could break 25 of 25 would be if I left 'em in the box. Well-done, Alex.
  5. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Thanks, Jim; I competed for a number of years at the skeet ranges, but these things aren't exactly streaking out of the high house!
  6. Dave Alberts Member

Lakewood, WA
    Ratings: +24 / 0
    Alex--
    I thot you were a committed 28GA guy...??
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  7. Upton O Blind hog fisherman

out of state now
    Ratings: +211 / 0
    Alex, the guys I shoot with have a rule: NO ONE shoots a straight and we see that the rule is upheld. We don't want to uppity "straights" when the rest of us struggle so hard, just wouldn't be right. (sounds like you all had a lot of fun and what's better than a new gun bustin' targets? Well done.)
  8. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

I blame Don and his new AYA. He shouldn't have handed me the damn thing. But that English stock with the second trigger's difficult to get to without hammers to frame the sight picture! I'd like to find a single trigger 28, but am too cheap to shell out the $$. That's probably genetic or something, yes?
  9. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Another thing I'm reminded of is shooting skeet at the range at Travis AFB down in the nether reaches of the bay area in CA. In summertime, the "delta breeze" would howl through there, gusting to about 30 knots or so, and I've seen skeet come out of the high house only to run straight into a blast of wind. you're swinging through, and the bird's beginning to look good in your sight picture, only to realize that it caught the full blast of wind, and is now going up and backwards, right about when you yanked the trigger... Loads of fun!!