22 LR Ammo

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Daryle Holmstrom, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    Where to find, it's back ordered every where. ?
  2. ribka Active Member

E WA
    Ratings: +169 / 0
    Keep checking. I picked up 6 bricks last week. lucked out- just happened to be in the store when it arrived. The past year, when I was in a sporting goods store, I always made it a point to buy at least 2 bricks when it was available and on sale. I also picked up a bunch of high capacity mags for my Glocks, Sigs, Rugers, FN's , Rock River, colt Saiga before the election.

Also made it a point to stock up on powder, primers, bullets for reloading last Summer.

If I run across some will pm you if interested.

I remembered 2008 and I saw this coming.

Lesson for the future.

22 ammo is as scarce as .223 now
  3. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +513 / 2
    And of course that makes SO much sense. After all, the caliber that is at the top of the list to get restricted.......is the .22?

Once again, the ammo companies are laughing all the way to the bank.
    Dan Nelson likes this.
  4. ribka Active Member

E WA
    the very popular Ruger 10 22 is on the proposed ban list as it can accept more than 10 rounds. so are Beretta , Sig, S&W's 22 pistols and very popular AR type rifles chambered in 22 cal.

Crazy stuff eh Josh?
  5. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +796 / 1
    The current aristocracy have been the best guns sales people in the world...silly fools.
  6. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Just as a point of conversation, don't those terrible factory 10/22 box mags only take 5 or 10 rounds? I can't remember as I've used after market mags with mine for a while.
  7. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    Ruger factory mags that come with the gun are 10 rounds. They now also make a factory 25 rd. mag.
  8. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +184 / 6
    A lot of the mail order houses have an online feature where you can have them send you an email when an out of stock item comes in. This is the best way to know when it comes in, but you have to order quick right now.
  9. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Yeah, I've got those factory hi-cap ones as well. I was thinking of the old school box mag.

No kidding you do. I've had the S&W 15-22 .22 rifle on alert at galleryofguns for the past few weeks. I'm on my computer most of the day and I still haven't been fast enough once I get the email.

Like I said, laughing all the way to the bank.
  10. ribka Active Member

E WA
    You can buy 5 rd mags for SKS's, AK's, Ar 15's, Glocks etc

Good for American ammo and firearms manufacturers. I like to see American companies prosper instead of sending jobs overseas. Making profits for shareholders, increasing the value of people's 401 k's and providing good paying jobs for middle class Americans in this long term economic downturn.

Sounds like a win win situation to me. Hopefully they can hep pull the car ( American economy) out of the ditch as that analogy is often used
    Alex MacDonald likes this.
  11. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +75 / 0
    Outdoor Emporium had 22LR when I was there yesterday, but there was 1 box limit. Never thought I'd see something that ridiculous. On the plus side, I was able to walk out of there with 3 boxes of 5.56x45.
  12. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +75 / 0
    That's easy. Just threaten to ban cars capable of speeds over 75 miles per hour. After all, who needs a car that can go that fast? Next thing you know, sports cars and muscle cars will be flying off the lots...
  13. Rob Hardman Active Member

University Place, WA
    Ratings: +92 / 0
  14. EHB86 Member

Puget Sound and Plain, WA
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    I assume you've been to your local Wal Mart regularly? That's been the best bet for me over the years. They seem to regularly get the tan box .22 target/match that runs best in my SW 41. If you ask the sporting goods manager they'll probably tell you what days they usually get ammo deliveries. I don't think the managers even know what is coming in, so you have to check often.

If you're already doing that.....I'll be quiet now.
  15. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +896 / 0
    Wally World's shelves were cleaned out the other day!