My first Steelhead

I finally hooked and landed my first steelhead ever. I caught this yesterday evening before dark on the Snoqualmie. I was fishing a single hand rod, nymphing a stone fly without an indictor because it( the indicator ) fell off a few casts earlier. The fish measured 32" and 10 lbs. Sorry, I did not have a camera at the river, therefore the kitchen photo. I was quite excited about last nights catch and headed out to the Sky this morning, the gods were with me I guess, because I hook and landed a 24" steelhead on the spey swinging a skykomish sunrise.

Bill

Attachments

Thanks Curt, I actually already have the disease. I have been trying for 3 years, winter and summer, to catch a steelhead.

Bill

fish-on

Waters haunt me....
wboles3 said:
Thanks Curt, I actually already have the disease. I have been trying for 3 years, winter and summer, to catch a steelhead.

Bill

And you probably thought that catching one would be the cure..... :)

Congratulations!!

Tight lines,

John

Panhandle

Right on man!... dues have been paid, now you can enjoy without stressing for a fish.:thumb: Confidence is half the equation when steelheading, as you found out today.

Every now and then great Karma shows up and steelhead show up with it. Goes to show you persistance pays off. Congrats on the fishies!

Thanks all for the compliments. Quite frankly I was starting to get a little discouraged. Actually, I should thank Zen and you Steelie Mike for your most informative thread on nymphing. Ironically enough, I read your post just 3 hours prior to catching the first. Today, I decided to carry two rods. The single handed rigged for nymphing and the spey for swinging.

Bill

Bill I always have a single and a double with me. You never know what kind of water you will find downstream. Zen is now starting to get into the swing of thisngs with the spey rod as well. Congrats again!