25hp johnson 2-stroke outboard

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by ibn, Apr 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ibn

ibn Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Home Page:
    Not sure of the year, I have the model and serial numbers though, they're listed on the pics page. I've used it twice without issues. I inherted from my uncle who used it in lake tahoe for several years. I'm no mechanic but it starts after 1 or 2 pulls and seems to run ok.

I'm asking for 300$ - OBO, before it goes on Ebay. Unless you're in the tacoma/federal way area you will need to come pick it up.

I will include the 6 gallon gas tank and fuel tubing. This is a short shaft motor.

Pics can be found at http://pics.surrealistic.net/ibn/public/index.cgi?mode=album&album=/fishing/motor

Email me if you have questions.

-Ibn
    ibn@surrealistic.net

2. Hormel

Hormel Member

3. Denny

Denny Active Member

Media:
    Ibn, is this the 25hp o/b you noted in the Forums as being on the fritz?

4. Hormel

Hormel Member

That's funny, I forgot about that post until after I bought the motor from him. I had even responded to Ibn in his post. It is a 1984 model, I gave it new set of plugs and put a zinc on it. (The zinc took care of the weak spark in salt water problem it had).

Put 6 hours on it yesterday while I was shrimping in Elliott Bay. Runs like a champ. Still would love a Hondaa 4 stroke 25. But there is alot to be said about a well-maintained 2 stroke at about 1/10 the price of new.

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.