Disturbing versus tonight

Abel1

You've got bigger issues ahead if you can't explain why some folks like tats and some don't.

My dad has twin screws tatooed on his buttocks from his days in the navy and I was able to overcome that horrible influence to become an average member of society.

Good luck.

Daryle Holmstrom said:
Fly fishing America had a segment tonight. Good show, but not to good for the six year grandson watching some dude with tattoos and piercings all over. And in the hood hat, what's with that?

Daryle

theworm said:
Thanks Sloan, Good Advice! My daughter and I both love to sit and watch Miami Ink together. It is an entertaining show. There are some compelling reasons why people get tats. For my daughter, I think her personality exemplifies who she is. I just want her to make this personal choice a thought-out responsble choice. The law is that she must have parental consent before she turns 18. However, if her mom gives her consent,.......................I hope it turns out to be something she enjoys for the rest of her life and I will love always love her just the same!
Sure, you should draw the line at the "skank badge" or "skank stamp" though.
Skank stamp: a tattoo that is on the lower back of a female. It is usually something big and tacky like a butterfly, a tribal sign, a chinese symbol or their name; indicating to everyone around her that she is .......

Sloan Craven said:
Sure, you should draw the line at the "skank badge" or "skank stamp" though.
Skank stamp: a tattoo that is on the lower back of a female. It is usually something big and tacky like a butterfly, a tribal sign, a chinese symbol or their name; indicating to everyone around her that she is .......
Also know as a "ho tat".

Jon B. I know my tatt's are not going to shorten my life nor do I consider it " mutilating" or "disfiguring". My next tatt is going to be my family crest right in the center of my r. calf. It's great that my generation and beyond have regulations and rules concerning sterile practices, and value this concept. There are many cultures out their that use tattoo's as a rite of passage, ritual, etc. While there are religions that believe your body is a temple and any type of desecration to the body is screwing w/ god( some of the most closed minded people I've ever met) But I do have friends that believe this way and I respect them for them. If I saw a guy in his back yard drinking a beer totally trashed, it might catch my eye by the way. Dude you went way out there on your lets wrap drugs, junkies, etc. into the tattoo, piercing, judgment thing. I have to say cool discussion. It's interesting how the medium of the internet and all of our passion for fly fish can bring up a topic like this. I wonder how this conversation would go if we were all out on the river fishing together???!!!I like hearing what everyone has to say...

I gotta say, I really can't put my finger on any one single reason why I got all of mine done, and will get more. Other than, "I just want them." I'm not trying to make a statement or shock anyone, they're just for me. The same reason I hit the gym and want to be as big as I can be. Same reason I shave my head and have a big mustache. It's just me, and how I want to look.

If a guy wants to put a flaming skull on his arm, or a girl wants to get a tattoo across her back, that's their thing. (They're not all ho's....;) )

Jeff

g_smolt

Recreational User
One piercing left, out of 5...the first one, for my first winter in the Bering Sea, 19 years ago.

Gonna get a tat of a big old buck chum, purple and yellow, teeth stickin' out. That will be on one shoulder, and I will have a full-dress Dolly on the other.

Oh, yeah...another vote of "no" on the Tramp Stamp, They are kinda goofy.

Mark

Daryle Holmstrom said:
Fly fishing America had a segment tonight. Good show, but not to good for the six year grandson watching some dude with tattoos and piercings all over. And in the hood hat, what's with that?

Daryle
Your joking right?

wadin' boot

Donny, you're out of your element...
kodiaksalmon said:
If a guy wants to put a flaming skull on his arm...

I live around the corner from a tattoo shop- Slave to the Needle. (around the corner there's also a bar with free pool, a comic book store, a donut house, a scooter store, a Thai food joint and two pizza places- If I didn't work I'd be fat, drunk, quoting comics ( incidentally anyone ever come across a fishing comic?) and tattoo'd.) In the morning I pick up the random assortment of crap that ends up on my lawn from overnight, most often orange foil from Dick's burger's on 45th. I have found numerous template drawings of what people want their tattoos to look like. I have picked up several flaming skulls +/- dagger For some reason that image resonates with a lot of people.

My favorite tattoo is one my friend Joe. It's a crude mug with steam on it. Get it?

wadin' boot said:
I live around the corner from a tattoo shop- Slave to the Needle.
I got my pike done at their Ballard place. They're tied for, if not the best place I've been to. Extremely professional, and they all do great work in there.

Being born in 1950 makes us part of the revolution. My old man had tats (went to war in 1942) and you couldn't find a better redneck, racist, sexist, pig anywhere, (and he was a cop too!). I never saw him pick up a fly rod, but the man could fish! Kick my ass on Friday nite, get me up a 0400 to make the PB&J's and set on shore or in the boat and talk about country western songs. What a great guy.
GOD (Great Out Doors) bless America!!!!
Alot of freaks fly fish, you gota love'em all. Nuf said!

FFK

i have no problem with people who stick out of the croud,im a rocker with shagy hair and tight pants, loud music and a guitar. but i still love going out in kaki shorts a flannel t a flyvest and a fly rod.. i dont see what difference it makes , just get to know some people and see.

Zen Piscator

Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.
pretty ironic for you to be telling him not to judge other people or insult them based on personal choices after you went on a homophobic rampage on the photo gallery zen

You must know that I was not using the world gay as in insult to homosexuals. I have no problem with gay people and don't want a group that to be brought down into the same circle as someone I choose to use that against, like yourself.