Your favorite eating fish

1. Ono (Wahoo) seared with a cajun rub
2. Lingcod franchese
3. Springer any way you choose
4. Lake trout cooked a few minutes after it has been caught from Lake pend Orelle

tri bows from Ruffus Woods. On the BBQ, lemon pepper.
All this talk about good fish to eat and it's only 0815, what am I going to have for lunch.
The Kippers or the dens

gt

#1 - blackened red fish
#2 - dorado most any way

now for the salmon cooks among'yah. fillet a nice coho, chinook are too fatty! cut those fillets into dinner sized pieces. in a cast iron skillet, heat a small amount of bacon gease till its smokin'. dredge the fillets in plain old flour. skin side down in the pan for about 2 min. turn over and then remove the skin and the dark gray fat, discard, and re flour, turn over for about another min. thats it! this entire process takes only 5-6 min and you will end up with salmon that is not dried out from cooking.

of course you could go ahead and add any spices you choose but i personally enjoy the flavor of salmon cooked this way without any masking, ahhh, i mean 'enhancing'.

Cliff

Walleye fillets fried in a large cast iron skillet. My second favorite are stripers breaded in flour with cajun seasoning and fried.

TheShadKing

Will Fish For Food
iagree, of native, non-mercury bearing, non-over-fished stocks, halibut in fish tacos with cilantro & tomato white sauce.

Locally catchable but not native, pickled shad is actually really good, and smoked shad (run it through a pressure cooker) is also quite good.

But the all-time #1 eating fish is bluefish, lightly grilled. But you better like fish, cause there's no fishier fish. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Although having said that, pumpkin seeds are really tasty too, if your kid happens to deep-hook one, take it home and skin it and pop it into the frying pan.

Rolland

How many pumpkin seeds does it take to make a month full?
I grew up fishing for crappie and blue gills, but the water was warmer in southern Oregon and the fish were bigger. Hard to beat the tasty white meat.

Whole flounder or sole, lightly floured and fried in butter. That's the breakfast of champions. You can make a competition out of it, by seeing who can eat the most flesh while leaving the most little bones in place.

Salmo_g

BBQ spring chinook, with other early run chinooks being a close second. This is the food of the Gods and is to die for. Accompanied by homemade potato salad and a nice white wine, a pinot noir, or your favorite micro brew. You can turn it into a second rate meal with Bud, Miller, or other macro brew crap.
BBQ sockeye.
Halibut.

And then all the lesser fishes. They are also good. Just lesser.

How many pumpkin seeds does it take to make a month full?
I grew up fishing for crappie and blue gills, but the water was warmer in southern Oregon and the fish were bigger. Hard to beat the tasty white meat.

About a dozen 8" 'gills are enough for a good meal for the wife and I. Easy enough to find them around here for a fish fry once or twice a month during the summer. :thumb:

JS

Walleye is a damn tasty fish, but nothing is as tasty is a fresh hatchery bonker grilled on the bbq with mayo and lemon slices. I am also partial to anything smoked or kippered.