3/14/10 Kalama Report

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Aaron H, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Aaron H New Member

McCleary, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Fished the Kalama today. River was high and till about noon was stealhead green prior to the canyon. From the canyon till the upper hatchery the river was muddy color. We were thinking a slide or something happened early this morning. By mid afternoon the entire river was light brown color. Towards the early evening from the upper hatchery to down river till about the lower hatchery was starting to clear out. Fishing was very slow. I did not see one fish caught. There were several drift boats and plenty of bank fisherman, but there was no one with fish. Maybe in a few weeks it will be better.

Tediousthumper, it was nice fishing with you.
  2. Annie Rutherford Washington Native

Haristene Isl. Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Wow i was thinking of going on friday, I may hve to rethink that. Thanks for the report.
  3. orangeradish Bobo approved

Capital City
    Ratings: +484 / 0
    Sorry 'bout the skunking. I poisoned the river with my fishless mojo last time I was down there with Thad. I should've warned you.
  4. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    I stopped by on Friday and everything looked like coffee with cream. I just turned around and went home. There has got to be a few fish in there, but I don't think they are in places you can get to them easily. I was lucky enough to land a 16lb winter hatchery buck a couple weeks ago, but I really do think it was just luck. Hopefully some native fish and some springers will show up soon, but I won't get another chance to fish it until May anyway.
  5. Flyborg Active Member

Kalama, WA
    Ratings: +597 / 0
    Thursday was clear-ish but going fast. I fished late into the night with nary a bite...I did give one nice sucker's pooper a new piercing.