3 or 4 steelies...or 7 - 8 bows and browns in the mid 20" range

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Sep 28, 2011.

1. If you can guarantee 3-4 steelies, go for it. I don't know of any place on earth where you can do that!!!!

2. Nothings for sure ever, but I did put 3 on the bank. That's a decent day I guess. If I only catch one or two, that's a bad day in my book. I know that sounds lame, but I don't have to compete as much as most of you guys do for a spot to fish.

By the way OMJ, those big bows and browns can't go anywhere so I figured I can always go back to them. Catching those however requires my 8 wt too!!! I used my 4wt a couple of times...bad idea.

3. A loose ferrule is a recipe for a broken rod.

Nice day on the water. I don't have the brown option here so it's steelhead for me.

4. You know PT, I have been frustrated with my ferrules coming lose all the time with that rod. I wonder if its a defect. It's hard to believe, but I know of three other guys that have the same rod, and none of them have the same problem. I think these rods are hand made, but I'm not sure. I don't know if I want to send the rod back for inspection - miss the best part of the steelie season, or just get it fixed. :hmmm:

5. I'll mail/lend you my old reliable RPL 8100 and you can send your rod in to get fixed. You won't miss a thing. I might take you up on a day of steelheading your home water. Sounds like a pretty good deal for me.

6. That would be over the top PT. As much as I appreciate your offer, I can't ask you to do that. As it turns out, when you said "old reliable", I went digging into my rod stash a few minutes ago and found my first graphite rod. An Orvis Rocky Mountain 6 wt. I'm back in the game!

That is very, very kind of you though. FLGator offered the same thing. However, I'd consider taking you to my spots. I'll shoot you a Pm tomorrow. That goes for you too FLGator.

My oldest boy has a football game tomorrow, if either of you don't hear from me by, say, 9 pm - shoot me a PM to remind me.