Swap Married wing swap......

David Dalan

69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E
LOL...here is my internet translated dressing directions...

Flat siver tinsel tag
Crest tail
Blue Antron rear 1/2
White Silk front half (I think)
Ribbed with flat tinsel.
Hackle is black marabou or other spey hackle
Collar is Blue Schlappen
Wing is Blue/White/Blue with 4 strands of blue, 7 of white and 4 of blue.

Pretty fly.

Davy

ol Davy is gonna sit down next week and tye!!!!! Finally. Something in red ,white,A little Florican, A little GP. I like the theory of a Doctor body with the wing so watch out for chrome and wear sunglasses.

On the other hand by the time I get from here ( the couch) out to the bench, things may change.

The Caribbean and SP ruined me. I now only think of Tarpon and this spring on the Skagit is something I "used" to do. I am still planning to be up ther e but next years southern trip is allready pre-paid and set in stone and a couple or three weeks longer. Did I mention I have a tan?

If this needs extended guys..... let me know, my flys will be done.

A TAN!!! Whats that????Glad you had a good trip Davy and made it home safe. My flies are coming along and will be done. Time at the vise has been mostly devoted to keeping the box stocked up as its prime time around here but have managed to knock out three for the swap during the big blowout week before last. Dont think its a frame worthy pattern but it is tied to be tied on and swung:thumb:. Hey Daryle ditto on the whatcha looking for????? Let us know. Hope everyones been getting some water time. Things around here are looking pretty good.......... Kevin

Cameron Derbyshire

Steelhead, Classic Atlantic salmon flies
Coming To a Mail Box Near You ....

Finally .... they're done. After tying only these six, I learned that I like tying on larger hook simply for the reason there's more room and I'm not trying to marry three fibers to three fibers. Enjoy and don't be afraid to fish them. No bustards were harmed in the tying of this fly.

Green Highlander
Hook: Partridge Heavyweight Salmon Single code M #1
Thread: White 8/0 for body, black 8/0 for wing and head
Tag: Small flat silver tinsel
Tail: Golden pheasant crest feather and a slip of barred woodduck flank on each side of the crest
Butt: Black ostrich herl
Rib: Medium oval silver tinsel
Body hackle: Green saddle
Body: rear 1/4 - yellow silk floss, front 3/4 - highlander green silk floss
Underwing: Golden pheasant tippet fibers
Throat: Yellow schlappen
Wing: Married sections of quill slips, bottom to top - orange goose, yellow goose, green goose, imitation Florican bustard (black peacock tail feather lightened with a mild peroxide solution), peacock secondary, golden pheasant tail (I used the largest side tail rather than the center tail as the side tail marries more easily and has a very similar color pattern)
Roof: Bronze mallard quill slip
Sides: Barred woodduck flank feather and teal flank feather quill slips
Cheek: Jungle cock nail feather (I omitted the imitation Indian crow as my dyed hen neck didn't have any ideal feathers this small)
Topping: Golden pheasant crest feather
Horns: Blue macaw tail fiber, one each side

If you're interested in tying classic salmon flies, I have a short how to guide (though not tying this pattern). You can find it here (http://www.feathersmc.com/articles/show/56). The link to the actual document is broken; PM me and I can e-mail it to you.

If you're interested in Spey flies, here's a little tutorial (http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=30034).

Attachments

Davy

very nice Cameron, dang nice. There is nothing like a GH, nothing.

Me? Mine are not begun. I am or haved (word?) a myriad of issues. I will crank them out here in the next weeks.

how's the rest of everyone doing?

Coming To a Mail Box Near You ....

Finally .... they're done. After tying only these six, I learned that I like tying on larger hook simply for the reason there's more room and I'm not trying to marry three fibers to three fibers. Enjoy and don't be afraid to fish them. No bustards were harmed in the tying of this fly.

Green Highlander
Hook: Partridge Heavyweight Salmon Single code M #1
Thread: White 8/0 for body, black 8/0 for wing and head
Tag: Small flat silver tinsel
Tail: Golden pheasant crest feather and a slip of barred woodduck flank on each side of the crest
Butt: Black ostrich herl
Rib: Medium oval silver tinsel
Body hackle: Green saddle
Body: rear 1/4 - yellow silk floss, front 3/4 - highlander green silk floss
Underwing: Golden pheasant tippet fibers
Throat: Yellow schlappen
Wing: Married sections of quill slips, bottom to top - orange goose, yellow goose, green goose, imitation Florican bustard (black peacock tail feather lightened with a mild peroxide solution), peacock secondary, golden pheasant tail (I used the largest side tail rather than the center tail as the side tail marries more easily and has a very similar color pattern)
Roof: Bronze mallard quill slip
Sides: Barred woodduck flank feather and teal flank feather quill slips
Cheek: Jungle cock nail feather (I omitted the imitation Indian crow as my dyed hen neck didn't have any ideal feathers this small)
Topping: Golden pheasant crest feather
Horns: Blue macaw tail fiber, one each side

If you're interested in tying classic salmon flies, I have a short how to guide (though not tying this pattern). You can find it here (http://www.feathersmc.com/articles/show/56). The link to the actual document is broken; PM me and I can e-mail it to you.

If you're interested in Spey flies, here's a little tutorial (http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/showthread.php?t=30034).
Accolades Cameron for the tutorial, already on my hard drive with your permission.http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=12507&d=1201582954

Thanks,
Daryle

Marty

One more to go. This is a no-name I tie for the Sauk, I have made some changes over the years but this is very close to the fly I caught my first Sauk fish on.

Davy

those are splendid Marty!

I do not have a feather on a hook yet guys, BUT alas! I am going to tye my fricken ass off the next two weeks and mine shall be done. ( I am in Astoria all weekend with the Oregon HS wrestling district tournements)---Freetime has not been what I thought it would be when I started this cool swap.

I havent opened Cameron's package for fear of the beauty I am sure is inside. Kevin's are in the care of our mail service I am told and ,well, we heard about Marty's gems.

Now , if we could just get some of Dave's hooks.......