Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

OP last week

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ChrisC 
#1 ·
Got back from the Solduc and Queets, Thursday and Friday respectivley.

Did the guide thing because a I am not skilled enough to row the Duc, and quite frankly I left my adrenaline junky shorts in the foot locker at home.

Landed 3, and had 7 strikes on the Duc. Peach and Red being the best color. All nates, released as fast as possible. After being blown out the last two trips it was nice to actually get on the water. Nice day 38 in the morning warming to 45. Sunny. Curt only got one hit all day. Small 8#er, probably a Snyder Creek hatchery fish but no cliped fins, a 16# brite chome hen, and possibly a 20# buck.

The Queets was a different story with no strikes for abour 15 rod hours. Zip, nada, ziltcho. The only reason I can think there were no fish, was the winds kicked up the surf pretty good and nothing was coming in. The nets had been pulled the day before. Another friend fished the same stretch with the same results on Saturday.

The worst part about the day, was closing the rear deck lid on the Yukon, only to hear all the doors lock. Naturally keys inside. I tried to recreate the mishap on Saturday with no luck. Anyway, small window was bashed to peices, and is being replaced Tuesday. Yea, I know, get a spare.

Looking forward to the Bash.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.