Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Camping at Reds

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Bill Dodd 
#1 ·
So I didn't know that camping at Reds this summer is no longer an option unless you want to rent one of their tent/cabins (most of you probably already were aware of that). I was thinking of camping at the KOA, but are there other options?

#3 ·
There are all sorts of spots- umptanem, koa, anywhere up manastash rd, vantage, it just depends on where you are floating and how far you are willing to drive. There are some really cool camp sites up manastash rd. they are all public and free. Just drive out manashtash toward lost lake trail head and find a spot on the side of the road. The only potential problem would be snow. I assue that there are some spots up in cle elum, roslyn, and ronald too. Have fun fishing should be good im going to drift tommorrow.

#6 ·
Once the Slab rec area is done it should be a nice option. They're adding 40 RV sites and doing a lot of work there right now. The Yakima River RV Park off Ringer Rd (mentioned above) is a decent place to park your rig (or tent)- the spots are close together, but it's secure and close to the river. I heard rumor that once Red's is built out they'll still have a few RV spots. There are a few spots at Umtanum as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.