What is the deal with Snowbee??

Salmo_g

Whoa! Poppy has a 'tude?

That accusation isn't getting any traction. I don't know him well but have met him and bought a few things - mail order, since I'm a long ways from there - and have never done business with anyone more pleasant.

This thread didn't have to go south, Stan.

Sg

Stan
Banned or Parked

iagree

Hopefully that will cover it all. Until "he" re-registers under another name. A new name never covers how someone will post, syntax, etc.

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
If anyone has anything to bad to say about my good friend Poppy, I take it very personal. :mad:
I know that I am not the only one that feels this way about Mike, so I would wade very carefully in the waters you are entering!
You're not the only one Bruce and I don't know Poppy that well, but have been to his clave once and met him more than a few other times.

Stan you're a tool! Or a troll! Too bad you're banned there fellow... :beer2:

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
Stan
Banned or Parked

Hopefully that will cover it all. Until "he" re-registers under another name. A new name never covers how someone will post, syntax, etc.
Thanks Chris.

Re-registering under a different name is more difficult than you might think. First, you'll need to sign up with a different email address which means getting another email account. While that's fairly easy for most people, you'd be surprised at how many folks can't manage even that. Second, if your connection to the internet from home is via DSL or cable or you're connecting from work, your machine will have a permanent, unique IP address which remains the same, no matter what your new email address is and is much harder to mask.

K

ibn

No problem :p

Re-registering under a different name is more difficult than you might think. First, you'll need to sign up with a different email address which means getting another email account. While that's fairly easy for most people, you'd be surprised at how many folks can't manage even that. Second, if your connection to the internet from home is via DSL or cable or you're connecting from work, your machine will have a permanent, unique IP address which remains the same, no matter what your new email address is and is much harder to mask.

K
We have tools in place to prevent this and notify us if someone re-registers, not only is everything above correct but there are additional checks being performed to compare that I wont go into.

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
We have tools in place to prevent this and notify us if someone re-registers, not only is everything above correct but there are additional checks being performed to compare that I wont go into.
Thanks Ibn. That's reassuring for all of us who enjoy this community and wish it to remain free of troublemakers and assholes.

K

My name is Stan. I live in California. Maybe i should stick to CaliforniaFlyFishing.com
Too late Ryan, gotcha now!

One other thing that doesn't change ... the way a person actually 'writes.' Most 'write' in "conversational English," quite different that "Business English." Damned tough to adopt a 'persona' that's not easily recognizable ... save for 'split personalities.':hmmm:

...as in know thy other self...
That too!!:thumb:

Interesting part is this is something that's done (with frequency) on several UK based fly boards; and the Mod's don't really seem to care ... regardless of how big a butt hole the poster may be.:hmmm: 'Their view' of the internet (freedom of speech) is very different than ours.:rolleyes:

We have our occasional 'nutter,' over there!!!!???? Don't drink the water.:ray1: