marc petitjean's "magic tool'

first off; thanks to everyone that took the time to post a response to my "how many bobbins" thread.
anyone have experience or opinions regarding the marc petitjean "magic tool"?

steve s

I received it for Christmas a couple of years back and never really used it. I liked it for CDC but found out that I could tie on other materials just as easily without it. That being said, I've been thinking about trying it again because I've a couple new ideas.

Steve

Ed Call

Sorry if I'm out in left field, but is that the wide clamping tool that I have seen used to make maribou into hackle wraps for flies such as dragonfly nymphs? Big, fat and fuzzy like we like to eat...er like trout can't resist? I just saw something that was rectangular, looked like a long clamp with a quill slot in the middle. I though they said it was "magic".
I've never used it or seen it used, but I was thinking a bulldog clamp lined with some rubber sheeting would do the trick for me.

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
I've never used it or seen it used, but I was thinking a bulldog clamp lined with some rubber sheeting would do the trick for me.

This is what I and many others have always used. An alternative to rubber sheeting is to cut pieces of soft tubing to slip over the edges of the bulldog clamp. A bulldog clamp and 6" of soft tubing is about $3.00 - $4.00 total but you will have to make your own DVD.

TC

Tim Cottage

Formerly tbc1415
I have no doubt that the Magic tool is a fully realised system. Marc Petitjean's other tying tools are well designed and well made.

For those who wish to experiment with the technique without spending more than a few dollars the padded bulldog clip will get them started in the right general direction before investing in the complete system.

TC

Calvin1

I use mine quite a bit. I like to use it for rabbit streamers, being able to use the rabbit hair without the rabbit hide which adds floatation. When I first got it, I don't think I tied a fly without it for about 2 months. The U Tube video should be all you need to get started.

Well people, I have to attend an anniversary party next week and I want to impress the guests into the party. So I want to learn some simple cool magic tricks. I am looking for good links that teach me the best one. I want to know how to do some cool magic tricks or illusions. Does anyone know how to do any cool simple magic tricks or illusions? I don’t have much time, so please help as early as possible.

Philster

Well we have lots of posters here (myself included) who are astounding tools... does that count? "Watch me turn this thread into an argument! TA-DAH!"