Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

$200 REI Gift Card for Sale!

2K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  jcnewbie 
#1 ·
For my birthday I received a $200 REI Gift Card to buy a messenger bag. Unfortunately, REI does not sell the particular brand of messenger bag I planned on buying. I was wondering if anyone could take a $200 REI Gift Card off my hands. If you know you are going to spend $200 at REI help me out!

#4 ·
It's pretty standard for giftcards to be sold at 5-15% less than their face value. Look at completed giftcard auctions on ebay for examples.

However, I think here Chris is hoping someone on the board would be interested in doing him a favor if they were already planning on spending $200 at REI in the near future.

#7 ·
For some reason you're just not processing that he's hoping someone will just be willing to help him out, regardless of standard procedure. In the short time I've been on this board I've ran into more than one person that has gone out of their way to do something overly nice for me, and I've extended that courtesy to a few people myself as well.

#8 ·
To be fair, Chris DID list it in the classified area. And he didn't spell out specifically that he wanted someone to give him $200 for it. That was just sort of implied.

Jumping on Mozart is just kind of pointless. People sell giftcards here all the time, so it's reasonable to expect that this was a standard set of sale unless specifically stated otherwise.

#14 ·
Wah heck, ah'd trad ya 13 1/2 pownds uh bananas fur it - ya no, dem wuns whut r poison to fishermens......ah gots ta git rid uhm! bawling:

jcnewbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.