3rd time's the charm?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by COtightlines, Sep 20, 2007.

1. COtightlines

COtightlines Haunted by water

I am coming out to the Monroe area for a week starting the 22nd and could use home helpful hints. I have been out to WA 2 other times with no fish to show for it. The first time we fished eastern WA in temps that seemed to fit the gobi desert, so no fish. :( The 2nd time was last Feb after no rain and so no fish. :beathead:

I was hoping to find some silvers, sea runs, trout, summer runs. Any suggestions on the rivers in the Monroe area? Sol Duc? Elwah(sp?) Pass Lake? Any other spots that this colorado flyfisher doesn't have any idea about?

Any and all help would be much appreciated!

2. Itchy Dog

Itchy Dog Some call me Kirk Werner

Media:
    Home Page:
    You may get some specific suggestions from others, but when you get here I would recommend stopping by All About The Fly (located on Main St in Monroe). They'll point you in the right direction with some good flies for the job.

Fall seems to have arrived to the PNW- temps lower than normal. Rain? Off and on, but bring your rain jacket to be safe. Enjoy your stay.

3. Islander

Islander Steve

If you are interested in coming over to Whidbey Island Lone Lake is fishing really good right now with the temps dropping. Pass should be really turning on also. Let me know if you are interested, I can meet up with you on either one.

4. COtightlines

Thanks! I will check out All About the Fly. I think I have been there before. My fishing buddy and I thank you for the info!

Nathan

5. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Media:
    Head over the pass and fish the Yak. It should be in perfect shape.

If you have the time to be more ambitious, head farther east to the Grande Rhonde for steelies.

Steve

6. COtightlines

Good Trip! Found pinks in the Sky, saw some SRCs & silvers off Kayak Point and Picnic Point but couldn't hook up with any, had a ball on Lenice - big fish, equally big wind!, caught a couple decent trout on the Methow, and drifted the Yak with lots of fish to the boat. Hopefully that dam doesn't go up on Crab Creek as I would like to get back out to Lenice. :thumb: