WTB 3wt Rod

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by holtad, Sep 3, 2013.

1. holtad Member

Ratings: +41 / 0
    A buddy of mine is looking for a 3wt so I thought I would see what is out there. We were fishing a small stream together, me with my 3wt sage SP and him with his 5 wt reddington and after trading rods for a while he was in love with the lighter feel & play.

Anybody have 3wt that is on the cheaper side? I say he's looking to spend less than $150 for the rod would probably go up to $225 for a rod/reel/line combo.

Any offers?

Thanks
  2. Kcahill Active Member

Renton, WA
    Ratings: +262 / 2
    a week or two ago you could pick up a Reddinton CT for under 100 bucks in the 2 or 3 wt model on Ebay or at evil big box store.
  3. bigdood fishing hack

PDX, OR
    Ratings: +88 / 1
    Check out Gorge Fly Shop, they had the Redington Tempts on closeout for $129 or so recently
  4. greenomics Member

Davis, CA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    The Clymb has Redington CT's on sale for $69 right now. They may have a 3wt in stock.
    JesseC likes this.
  5. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +513 / 2
    I think they are out of stock on the lighter weights. Unless they have gotten more in.
  6. holtad Member

Ratings: +41 / 0
    Looks like the Clymb still has some 3wt in stock. Thanks for the info guys. Would be interested if anyone has a higher-end but older/used rod they're looking to sell as well.
  7. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +513 / 2
    The only CT they have in stock is the 9 ft 5 wt. The 3wt in stock is a CPX.
  8. Jun New Member

Ratings: +1 / 0
    I have a 7.5 3wt echo carbon I've used once go for $90. I bought new for $160.
  9. will fish New Member

Victor, Idaho
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I have a Sage Vantage 376 2pc rod with Ross Flycast #1 and Rio WF line that I would like to sell. The rod and reel have been used 5-6 times at most and the line has been used once. All are in excellent condition and are in the original Vantage rod and reel case. $175 plus shipping from Idaho. Email if anyone is interested and I'll take some photos.
    Thanks, Will
  10. will fish New Member

Victor, Idaho

Rod outfit sold. Thanks, Will.
  11. Denny Active Member

Seattle, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +46 / 0
    I just bought a Ross Worldwide FW series 386-4 (3 wt, 86", 4 piece), with quality aluminum tube, awarranty card, etc. I got a screaming deal big discount on it, and the total price came to just shy of $110. I am considering returning it because I have an existing slightly shorter 4 weight that is very similar to the Ross, and I don't need two of basically the same rod.

The FW series was the top of the line Ross. Great performaing rod series that were/are sleepers, with a lifetime warranty. It retailed for close to $300. You can buy it from me for what I have in to it ($110) so I don't have to hassle with sending it back. Yep, you can find them on ebay, but they'll be at least $30 more than this one.

Let me know - I'm planning to return it soon!
  12. tpcollins Member

Saline, MI