4-5wt rods, reels, lines etc....

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Arthur Vakulchik, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    i am 14 and i come from a poor backround
    i got addicted to fly fishing and everything seems so expensive!!
    well anyways... i am looking for a 4-5wt fly rod, reel, and pole
    it could be all 3 or just one
    i am looking for ok quality items in the LOWER $ region

and if anybody would like to donate some free stuff....(leaders, flies, tying materils,etc.)
    id be willing to make a home for them

thanks a million!!,
    Arthur :thumb:
  2. SteelieD Non Member

In a van down by the river
    Arthur,

What type of fishing are you concentrating on? Based on the rod weights you are looking for, I assume trout. I need to clean up my fly tying desk and I am sure I could put together some trout flies for you. Many may not be the prettiest of flies, but all will fish!

Derek
  3. seaalki Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Arthur,
    If you could use it I have a Pflueger Supreme 1834 with 3/4 wt. line.
  4. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    i am most interested in trout fishing but ive been steelhead fishing and thought it was a blast.
    ive got an okish 8 wt rod but a plastic crappy reel
    my mane priority is to get some trout stuff but stuff for steelies works good

thanks all!!! :)

how much $ is the pflueger?
  5. Mike Ediger Active Member

Spokane, WA
    Ratings: +152 / 8
    Arthur,
    If it is all right with your folks, send me your address by using the "private message" feature you can access by clicking on my name and I will send you some flies.
    Good luck.
    Mike
  6. seaalki Member

Seattle
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    PM me your mailing address you would like it sent to, when you've outgrown it, pass it on.
  7. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    thank u all!
    there is no possible way i can express my gratitude! :)
  8. Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

Arthur.
    If it helps out I can send you a Scientific Anglers System 2 Reel loaded with Cortland 444 5-WF Line and backing, And a extra Spool. It has some marks and scratches but works well.
    It's your's for the asking.
    With your parrents approval shoot me over your adderss in a PM.
    I will mail it to you in the next couple of days.

Bill Dodd..
  9. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,359 / 9
    Arthur, same theme as the others here. It seems that your trout setup is nailed down by the above great karma responses. If you want to have an alternative to that plastic 8wt, check with your parents and see if they are cool with it and PM your address to me. I've got at least one Okuma Integrity Large Arbor 8/9 sitting on my tying bench that is homeless and won't be used by me. I'll be out of town for a bit, but upon my return I can get it sent your way if you are interested. The Integrity is metal, low end cost wise, but takes a beating and has a nice disc drag.
  10. Mike Etgen Not Quite A Luddite, But Can See One From Here

Port Orchard, Washington, USA.
    I'm down for some trout and/or steelhead flies - same conditions as the others have mentioned; as in, if your parents sign off and if and you're willing to commit to passing it on some day.
  11. tonemike fish'n glass

Monroe, WA.
    Ratings: +36 / 0
    you guys are great!!! another fine example of good folks on a good site.
    hey arthur. that system 2 is a workhorse. and if you ever have a lick of trouble with the reel, scientific angler will tune it up for you for next to nothing. they're great to deal with. so, catch a few nice trout and post a pic with your new gear you used to catch it with.
    great post.
    -mike
  12. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Arthur, got your message. I'll pack up that Okuma Integrity Large Arbor early next week and get it on the way to you.

Hey guys, this kid has a funky last name...but it ends in CHICK...I vote we call him CHICK from this point forward.

Sounds like you are getting geared up CHICK, let us know how your outings go with lots of trip reports.
  13. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Ya, Chick, like a youngster. Which he is. We won't say it's because you act like a girl, that's just mean, and frankly, it's because we don't know you yet.....so it's possible. But all kidding aside, if you need anything else, post it.
    BN.
  14. Bill Dodd Bill's in a time out.

I think he still needs a Rod!!
    Anyone got a 5wt laying around to go with the reel I'm sending him??

You guys have been great,,My hat is off to you all.

Bill Dodd.

:thumb::thumb:
  15. sportsman Active Member

Kirkland, wa., 98034.
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Athur, I can ship you a fly box filled with some proven Stillwater flys,leaders and tippet material......same as above, just PM me your address and they'll be yours faster than you can say 'Fish On'! PS....don't let those other guys give you any S... about your name! That type of abuse seems to be reserved for Mumbles:rofl:
  16. sportsman Active Member

Kirkland, wa., 98034.
    Ratings: +78 / 0
    Athur, I can ship you a fly box filled with some proven Stillwater flys,leaders and tippet material......same as above, just PM me your address and they'll be yours faster than you can say 'Fish On'! PS....don't let those other guys give you any S... about your name! That type of abuse seems to be reserved for Mumbles:rofl: PS when it's time to buy your license, make sure to get a combo[fresh/saltwater] lots of fun to be had in the salt! Your in Lynwood and would be easy to walk,bus or grab a ride to Picnic Point....should be a great year for pinks.
  17. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    sportsman,
    ive tried fishing out at picnic point but i failes misserably... :(
    but ill try again

and thanks all for everything :)
  18. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    Arthur:
    I have a 5wt Grigg rod that I will give to you if you will PM me with your address. It is a 2 pc backup rod that I have hardly even used, it will go great with that reel Bill is sending.:thumb:
    Blessings
    jesse clark
  19. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Chik, looks like you are getting geared up. Don't take crap, that is probably my unofficial role here, I am not thin skinned, so most of the crap does not bother me.

You've got a trout rod and reel coming, a replacement salmon/steelhead reel coming, a bunch of flies and a line. Get that license and you are hooked up. You better reward these kind folks with lots of good karma reports, photos and exciting stories of your adventures.

I hope you are friendly with your postal carrier, they will be making a lot of stops at your place in Lynnwood over the next few weeks.
  20. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    It's ok about the name
    I dot mind

And thanks again to all!!
    I'll get tons of pics and post many reports! :)

Tight lines,
    Arthur