4 for 7 - and a totaled car...

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Kaiserman, Oct 11, 2012.

1. cmann886

cmann886 Active Member

Happy you are in one piece---I haven't hooked any fish but at least I didn't have a deer try to sit on my lap!!!

2. Stewart

Stewart Skunk Happens

It's a great story... Sucks about the car though. There are places I really try not to be driving during "deer hour". The next two weeks are kind of shot for me, but after that I'd be up for some trips to the river.

3. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    I try not to drive here in Montana after dark. There are way to many deer here for that kind of danger..

4. Greg Price

Greg Price Love da little fishies

Glad you are ok.

20 years ago I was in a friends car pulling a ski boat. I-5 near Mt Shasta at approx 4:30 am crested a hill going 70 mph. There were approx 8 small deer in my lane. I could not slam on brakes because the boat would jacknife us. I just let off the gas and prayed, steered straight ahead at them. Each deer jumped out of the way. Kind of like watching kids play video games. Did not touch one deer, but came split seconds from full impact.

5. wa_desert_rat

wa_desert_rat Active Member

Home Page:
    It could be worse... some places in WA you are in danger of hitting a moose! And the mule deer aren't very little, either.

Glad you're ok. Hope you find work.... or not... whichever works best for ya. :)

Craig

6. David Dalan

David Dalan 69°19'15.35" N 18°44'22.74" E

Media:
    I'll give you a ride to the river. I may make you thumb it back if you get fish and I don't, but worth a shot eh?

Seriously, I am always looking for someone new to lie to on the way to the river. The Subaru gets 30Mpg :)

7. Alosa

Alosa Active Member

Not to hijack the thread, but I love the mileage my VW Golf TDI gets. Check it out: 40+ mpg/800+ miles per tank. Oh yeah.