4" hardy perfect and sage 709+spool

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Riffling Hitch, Oct 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sage 709+spool

Hardy post war perfect with no line guard in good shape. Brass ribbed foot. Hardy non original case. $425 sold
    I will get pics to those interested and will try and post them in the next couple days.

Sage 709 (loop 3) + spool. I am relisting this reel and it is in great shape. (7,8,9wt)
    $200
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pics added

3. Hi

Regarding the loop, what is its history? Are you the original owner? I can't remember but someone had a loop 709 and had posted it earlier and said it had been serviced and some parts replaced due to corrosion. Same reel?

Thanks

4. No, this is not the same reel. I am the original owner and it has had very little use and is working like new.
    Russell

5. A couple of quick questions about the Hardy reel.

- Did the reel originally have a line guard?
    - Is it right-hand or left-hand wind?
    - What is the spool width?
    - Do you know line capacities? I'm thinking about a spey reel for an 8wt. spey rod.

Thanks.

6. This perfect was made without a line guide and have heard that these are convertible to left hand wind because of this. I flipped the pawl and found that it did not work as well with its pay adjustment as a left hand reel but this may be able to be tuned. I am out of town so can not give you the exact width right now but it is a spey sized reel that would work for an 8wt.
    Someone in the spey part of the forum might be able to give a capacity for you.

Russell

7. I am interested in the Hardy Perfect 4 reel. Is it still available? Details, please. I am out of the country until 11 October,2008. Ed

8. Ed, I still have the reel. Let me know what details you are looking for and I will try and ansewer them for you. I am haveing some second thought with this though.:beathead:

9. I thought I would run this up to the front of the line again. The hardy is sold but the sage is a great salmon/steelhead reel for a 7-9wt or a light line switch rod.
    russell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.