Any Companies make a Clear Floater?

Ringlee

Doesn't care how you fish Moderator
I love my Clear intermediates for Saltwater fishing. I feel they make a big difference instead of a colored line. Do any Companies make a clear floater? If so, Have you tried it?

Philster

My personal experience is that clear lines do not lead to more hookups. I've fished pale blue intermediates next to clears for years. No dropoff. Clear lines also still cast a shadow. We all have our own experiences, but I don't see a dire need.

My experience is much like Philster's. I would use a clear floater over shallow flats with small flies, but see really little advantage in hookups. A problem is it is difficult to see on rippled water so its hard to find and follow your fly. Another idea might be a Ghost tip that increases the visibility of the line yet allows you to use a shorter tippet or increases the stealthiness of your presentation. Take a look at Cortland Ghost tip 444SL or Tarpon Plus Ghost Tip.

I have the clear Monic in WF4F. The clear does seem to help over really shy fish in very clear water on a sunny day especially. But it really only makes a difference on a longer cast (30+ feet or so). I like it and it floats and casts well, but I'm not convinced it's completely needed.