Anheuser Busch

Curtis

I just was told the Anheuser busch has sold out to an overseas company. So much for it being an American lager!! Go Coors Light!!!!
Just remember this for your next fishing trip when you stock up on beer.

Josh

dead in the water
Go Coors Light!!!!
Coors is at least half owned by Molson, a Canadian company. And is currently operating as "MillerCoors" with the Miller division of SAB/Miller. SAB stands for "South African Brewing" and you can guess where that is owned.

If you want US owned and US made beer, Sam Adams is currently the largest brewery that fits both of those. Keep in mind that all of the little brews (PBR, Rainer, LoneStar, etc) are all owned by one US company. But that company contracts to SAB Miller to brew the beer.

Personally, I say go for a microbrew. Good beer, local ownership and local jobs. The beer in your belly puts money into the pockets of people in your own community (or at least your own state/region).

Or, brew your own.

Josh

dead in the water
And the Budweiser Anheuser/Busch thing is pretty old news at this point. Though it may have been just recently that all the "official" paperwork and shareholder approval went through.

Why Drink busch when we have pyramid hef or redhook blonde for that matter. Good beer not bad price and the ass of a hef taste better than that of a busch. Imho. just my two cents. P.S. I wouldnt turn down a Busch. :rofl: :beer1:

Curtis

Coors is at least half owned by Molson, a Canadian company. And is currently operating as "MillerCoors" with the Miller division of SAB/Miller. SAB stands for "South African Brewing" and you can guess where that is owned.

If you want US owned and US made beer, Sam Adams is currently the largest brewery that fits both of those. Keep in mind that all of the little brews (PBR, Rainer, LoneStar, etc) are all owned by one US company. But that company contracts to SAB Miller to brew the beer.

Personally, I say go for a microbrew. Good beer, local ownership and local jobs. The beer in your belly puts money into the pockets of people in your own community (or at least your own state/region).

Or, brew your own.

I am completely OK with supporting Canada. I prefer a microbrew as well, but a light beer while fishing in hot weather is much more refreshing!!

alpinetrout

Banned or Parked
I am completely OK with supporting Canada. I prefer a microbrew as well, but a light beer while fishing in hot weather is much more refreshing!!
There's some good local lighter beers available. Old Seattle Lager from Maritime Pacific and Roger's from Georgetown are two I can think of off the top of my head.

There's some good local lighter beers available. Old Seattle Lager from Maritime Pacific and Roger's from Georgetown are two I can think of off the top of my head.

Good call on Maritime!! Too bad it doesn't come in cans!! Much easier to dispose of in a raft! Maybe I should jsut do a pony keg!!! I need to go to Maritime soon!! Smokers!! MMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tasty!!

Josh

dead in the water
It's not a washington brew, and it's not as cheap as Bud/Miller/Coors, but Fat Tire Ale is now available in cans.