Swap Great Lakes Steelhead Fly Swap Beginner to Expert join in have fun

ok ok, there are some east coast guys on here..and we love our great lakes steelhead..

I would like to host a great lakes steelhead fly swap.

asking for 10 tiers. ill host organize and mail out the flies.

I would like to make this a fly doesn’t matter from the beginner fly tier to the expert, if you think it will catch steelhead in the great lake tribs tie it up.I was joined in a fly swap and all I could tie at the time was a lil old sucker spawn. I have gotten 300 times better since then and learned how to tie some amazing flies from the swap. And use almost all them while fishing for kings in New York.

id like to set a deadline for flies to be readyto be mailed to me by 30 november. not asking for anything crazy it could be the easiest fly.

i would like you to include the Recipe so others can learn from it.

synister370 estaz ribbed black deamon seed done
ZACH M shrimp got em sent
FLYBILL TUBE FLY got em sent
MUMBLES get em sent
X DOGgot
HEADBURNER got em sent
CHAN C
dan dod natural egg patterns 20 of them. got em sent
chuckngear got em sent

flybill

Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!
Count me in, I haven't done one in a long time. I'll probably do a tube fly, marabou, but don't exactly beyond that. Gotta dig through my materials and decide.

Bill :cool:

Ed Call

I'm in, what the hell. I'm gonna tie up something that another member turned me on to. He recommeded it for steelhead and the coloration perfectly matches what my relatives use in MI for inland iron skulls.

You have to calibrate me to size that normally are used in your Great Lakes tributaries though, size 6, 4, 2? What about typical weighting? Heavy for your chuck and duck?

I'm in, what the hell. I'm gonna tie up something that another member turned me on to. He recommeded it for steelhead and the coloration perfectly matches what my relatives use in MI for inland iron skulls.

You have to calibrate me to size that normally are used in your Great Lakes tributaries though, size 6, 4, 2? What about typical weighting? Heavy for your chuck and duck?
all depends on what you are tyeing up great lakes flies are small...

i usually dont tie anythini bigger then 8....for streamers..and such...

and we use enough weight to get them down...

but tie up what ever you think...never know what they may bite,