Davidson River North Carolina

John Hicks

Owner and operator of Sea Run Pursuits
Had the great opportunity to fish with Mark Yuhina from the board. He came up from Auburn Alabama to fish for a couple days. We had a great time even though he is a fiberglass nut. Here are a few pics from the outing.

Mark with a nice little stocked rainbow on the North Mills river.

Damn fiberglass guys and their heavy limp rods. :rofl:

Fly selection of Cameron's for the Davidson. He really got into the midge fishery on the river.

Some nice water on the North Mills river

Kent Lufkin

Remember when you could remember everything?
Great pics and report John - thanks for sharing. 'Rivers' and fish that size would be perfect for fiberglass or bamboo rods.

K

Hey John,

I fish the Davidson river 3 and 4 times a month. You can tale by my user name:thumb:. Maybe we can hook up someday and fish together.

Jr

yuhina

Tropical member
Nice photos! John,

What a great trip!!
Those photos really make me looks younger! Thanks...
Fiberglass a.k.a poor man's bamboo... : P

I fished the Davidson last spring. Great stream, but water levels were really low last year. My two fishing partners were on it a couple weeks ago, and said the water levels were much better. It's a pretty stream, with great access, and wonderful people. I look forward to my yearly trip to that area.

Lately, we've been concentrating a bit north, near Boone. The Watauga river is a good bet when water levels are low on the Davidson.

Congrats on the fish! The D. can be a challenging stream...

Michael