We doin' this again or what?

Speaking for those of us who will have to drive hundreds of miles, or fly, should we want to attend, would prefer the end of March. Anyone want to provide airport shuttle? Mumbles?

Nick Riggs

I've been known to fish from time to time...
Hahaha probably the last thing I was expecting to see when I opened this thread was some of my artwork. I hope we can get it going again this year.

OK, I read all the posts. Still not entirely clear on how the trip works. Is it a float trip with camping along the way, or do you all camp at a campground and day float? I gathered it was on the Hoh? I'm assuming you're steelhead fishing? Details, I need details?

I usually stay at the Oxbow, bring your own water and TP. I live out of my Cherokee with propane heat and something to eat with. Some opt for the facilities at Forks. I’m not bringing my daughter for any Twilight shit. Once I’m on the river, I stay there. Only shuttles I do are river shuttles for rides. I’ll put in for enough time to bleed over into two weekends. Narrow it down to two weekends Decker. With a bigger window of time, more people show up. I like staying during the week when there isn’t any pressure. I’ll burn some vacation off at work. No stress allowed. This is just steelheading. I’ll take 9 days, but some of that will be with my kids.

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
I was going to go last year. My father in law passed away just a couple days before the event. So I couldn't go. This year could be a possibility though.

i hear that Jerry D is the master cook, how do we twist his arm for bacon and eggs and pancakes every morning?!!

jd

Whatever do you mean?

I've been known to do a few breakfasts, and maybe a dinner or two. :D

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Oh, btw. The Hoh is one of my favorite rivers. You can bank and/or float it. There's access for banking it, with actual good spots where you walk in (some places you have some walking to do before you get a decent hole). Not sure what the floods have done to it though.

Yeah, bring something to keep you dry, that's for sure. I may just be a bank maggot if I go. I'll bring my camper and get it dried out and ready for the trip. Maybe bring my son with and initiate him. LOL. Maybe not, I may want to drink without repercussion. But if you have a tent, make sure you have a good tarp to put over it.

Buck

"Ride'n Dirty."
This sound like fun. I couldn't make it last year, and not sure if I can make it this year either, but if I can, can I get a float with someone? I'll row for part of it. JD?
Buck.

hedburner

I'm in. Got a meself a spey rod and the rest, new camp gear, need some other stuff, this time I'm not going to have James outfish me if he shows up.

Old Man

Just an Old Man
I was there last year. One hell of a long drive just to drink and bullshit. The weather sucked. About the only thing I liked about it all was the nice warm motel room I had in Forks. Clean sheets and hot showers every night. Oh, and one more thing I had to pay taxes on everything. No tax in Montana. Unless you stay in St.Regis.

Jim