Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

10' Koffler Whitewater Pram and stillwater machine

6K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  yellowlab 
#1 ·
Some of my buddies are going to kill me when they find out that I am parting with this boat, but my desire for a saltwater boat is forcing me to sell my Koff to make room for the new boat. This is not the run of the mill Koffler, as it was welded up by Joe Koffler himself. This boat is loaded with features such as an upgraded rowers seat with dry storage. Passenger box seat with storage, casting stanchion (thigh brace) with integrated cup holders, notched transom to run either a short shaft OR long shaft kicker motor (I've run both my Minn Kota and my Honda 5 horse with no problems.), fully galvanized Spirit trailer with newly wired LED submersable lights, Ash Koffler oars with tip protectors, rope wrapped and on Oar Rites, Gluvit bottom protector, Enough Rope and Pyramid Anchor, will also throw in a custom mount for a Scotty bow anchor system, perfect for stillwater Chironomid applications, there are some other items Im missing but I'll think of it later. This is a turn key package and is ready to float any skinny water, stillwater, white water, or other water thus unmanageable with a standard driftboat. I've had several DB's and I must confess, that this is THE boat to have to give you the most versatile amount of fly fishing for here in the Northwest. I've even had here in the sound for Rockfish, and Ling Cod. I've taken her down the Green, Skagit, Yakima, Sauk, Snoqualmie, Pass Lake, Rattlesnake, Lone Lake, so most of the typical rivers and lakes that members would be floating with no problems. What I love about this boat is the lightness, easy towing, tough as nails, and is easy to maintain. Check out the Koffler website for details: www.kofflerboats.com

Some other features of this pram:

STANDARD FEATURES INCLUDE:

>> .080 sides, 6061-T6 aluminum alloy sides and bottom
>> Extrusion joining sides and bottom
>> Rope oarsman seat
>> Adjustable and removeable seats in 10' and 12' prams
>> Non-skid floor boards
>> Solid aluminum oarloack blocks with UHMW bushings
>> Brass oarlocks
>> Zolatone interior paint; finished in Black

With the price of aluminum going up and inflation, this boat won't lose its value. Maybe Im making a bad decision, but I gotta have the saltwater boat, and the Mrs. won't allow it until I part with something from the arsenal. bawling:

$2500 This boat new would run over $4000 with the same features. Not looking for anything in trade, so hopefully it will go to a good home and someone who'll enjoy it just as much.

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh my god, why didn't the first person to view this thread buy this boat? If you lived anywhere near me I'd jump all over this boat like a monkey on a flagpole. This is EXACTLY what I've been looking for. Bring it to Montana and I'll introduce you to some water not too many people know about ;). That thing is sex.

Curiosity is killing me. Is the knee brace removable? How much does it weigh? I'm thinking about 2 guys and a portage of a couple hundred yards.

Damn.

#3 ·
Yes, there are 4 furled hand tightened nuts which make it possible to remove the casting brace in less than a minute. This model weighs in at 100 lbs, dry. Without the boxes and stanchion. I am thinking the weight is more like 150-160 with it equipped. Yeah, its easily portaged or better yet, if you have a dolly, it can be stacked rachet tied and rolled to the nearest put in. I've rolled it over hard surfaces with ease on the Paddle boy dolly. I would recommend getting one with bigger wheels for the sand and it would be the perfect transportable machine. I am I nuts or should I wait to buy the salt water boat?

#7 ·
If I wasn't buying a new house, I'd be all over this. Don't think my wife would be happy me spending some down and closing money for a new pram. LOL. But nice boat, if I was already moved this thing would be sold.

#8 ·
Paul,

I salivated when I watched you get that boat in the first place and now I'm actually drooling. If I wasn't staring down the barrel of 4 year's worth of out of state tuition for my daughter, this thread would have been closed within an hour after it opened.

Damn!

K

#11 ·
This REALLY sucks Paul. I was looking at getting another one like this after I moved. REALLY REALLY sucks knowing I have the money for it right now. Trust me, I keep looking at my bank ledger going "Hmmm, I wonder if she'd notice $2500 missing?". LOL. Someone is getting a helluva deal, that's for sure.

#13 ·
I've fished next to this boat in stillwater, whitewater and saltwater. It is in great condition and will make someone very happy. This thing is built like a tank and moves really well through the water. I know that because I once chased Paul down the Green River all day in my 11' pontoon boat. I had to work my butt off to keep up with him. These things are very responsive, turn on a dime and draw very little water. Shameless bump is now finished.

#14 ·
I was in jeopardy of moving to the 3rd page!!! Would be a great machine to take to the Pram-a-thon--Pramorama--Prams on Parade that Ive is organizing. I still have a couple of guys that have emailed and called, even from BC, but it still sits in the garage here waiting for a new owner. Get'r done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.