Wiggle Froggy

Thanks for sharing. Been wanting to make a wiggle fly for a while but I never had a cylinder of foam. Didn't strike me to stack foam sheets. One look at this and I said out loud...... I want to do this.

Joe

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Super 77 spray glue works well. Any strong spray adhesive should work. I spray, stack desired colors of foam, and leave it overnight with a heavy book on it. Then cut in strips with an exacto or utility knife and a strait edge. I have not had these "de-laminate" after fishing them yet...

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
1.Yes I've fished it... see attached pic;)
2.No it rides upright and wiggles very seductively

Fished on a sinking line or sinktip the wiggle minnow wiggle/dives on retrieve then floats back to the surface with a pause. Works really well fished along weedlines or lily pads
The smallest size snap swivel helps reduce leader twist.

Made my version (poor equivalent) and took it to a local lake with bass. It worked very well. As you said, I could take it through the lilies without much snagging. It didn't tip over but dove and wiggled on retrieve. Caught about 15 small bass, 2 stocked rainbows, and one nice size bass.

What a great change up to have fish smack the hell out of it on the surface.

Joe

Brad Niemeyer

Old School Member
Glad to hear you had good results! I've yet to get a trout to slam one but I know its just a matter of time...

The wiggle minnow really beats the dahlberg diver in my opinion. Better action, easier to tie, deeper dives, more durable, easy to get colors, etc.

Fly fishing now has its version of the rapala stick lure!