5-2

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by D3Smartie, May 3, 2008.

1. Dropped the boat into the canal yesterday in anticipation of the zoo that will be this mornings launch for shrimp season. Managed to fish a little when i did finally get everything running smoothly and man is it nice to have the boat back. hooked 4 or 5 cutts and landed 3. Then i spotted a school of resident silvers tearing up some baby sandlance and it was on for and hour or so before I had to leave for dinner.
    The resis were all about 15 inches and the cutts about the same. i did get one really nice cuttie around 19 or so. but i couldnt get a solid measurement on him as I forgot my net and he flopped out of my hands. oh well. :beer1:
    Solid couple hours anyways. :thumb:

2. Do you use any particular fly for baby sandlance? Might head out tomorrow and some people are seeing chum fry, some are not. Just seein what out there in canal before i head out. Sounds like a real good day to me.

3. Bill at Peninsula Outifitters has some flies there that are really light epoxy baitfish. almost a tan over white, with an epoxy head and a little flash.
    thats what i have been using.

4. Sweet, thank you for the info. I dont know why i dont got down there more often, it such a short drive.

5. Hey Dave,

It's been pure insanity over here for a couple weeks. Massive hordes of searun cutties and rezzies. Some days I do really well early in the mornings when they are in casting range, most of the time I just get to watch the show out in the rips 200+ feet out.

Justin
    aka Kid Sauk

6. Justin- Call me sometime and we'll get out. i have been super busy with work but i am always looking for an excuse to get on the water.