500/500

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Jim Ficklin, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Jim Ficklin

Jim Ficklin Genuine Montana Fossil

Wow! And here I pursued a baseball scholarship. Whatta shot!

2. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

It looks like his swing has a "hitch in his giddeup". He must do it the same everytime as it doesn't affect his hitting.

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Are you mistaking his shot recoil for the "hitch"? He's nailing them right out of the house...

4. zen leecher aka bill w

you know.... I think that was it.

5. freestoneangler

freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

That's quite an achievement. I wonder if that is the equivalent to bowling a 900 series...or harder?

6. Jim Ficklin

Dunno, but the only way I could break 500 is if they were still in the box, on the ground, & I ran over them repeatedly in my Jeep . . . and then I'd likely miss a few.

7. freestoneangler

LOL...that's funny Jim...damn funny :D

8. zen leecher aka bill w

Well, for a 900 game you need to throw 36 perfect, or close to perfect balls. 500/500 requires 500 perfect shots or at least within 15 inches of the bird one way or another. I assume the kid is shooting American skeet rather than International.

9. Jim Ficklin

I'd be shootin' Montana Redneck rules . . .

10. freestoneangler

Only 23 900's bowled in history (sanctioned anyway)...certainly not trivial, but near as I can tell the 500/500 is a first. I wonder how many have gotten close? Can you imagine getting to 499 then...:mad:.

11. zen leecher aka bill w

I think if a person shoots a 499 he didn't miss the last bird. It was one of the 499. Usually shooters of that caliber don't choke. When a person goes to the trap and/or skeet field and notices they see the shot pattern flying thru the air, that's going to be a good shooting day for them.

I've had a few days where I could see the shot flying thru the air.

The older Dryke used to train Matt Dryke to read the labels on ping pong balls (while bouncing them) and to read the labels on records to help him with his vision. Matt was an excellent international skeet shooter in his time. I saw one of his demo's of shooting skeet on a unicycle(????). I bet he was chewing gum also.