Just Another Bubba
It was just such a good question that I wanted to post it again.
- they don't freeze well in a raw state
- they are small
- they rarely jump on the fight (odd since they jump more than others on their own)
- less fat= less flavor (taste being subjective)
- perhaps something about traditionally the runs being smaller
- did I mention they are slimy.
these are a mix of things I've heard since my transplantation here some 25 years ago and things I've simply deduced by listening to folks who salmon fish much more than I do.
- oh yea AND they aren't steelhead so aside from ripping them open to harvest their eggs to catch steelhead they like all OTHER fish have little to no value.