Ling Cod Recipes?

yellowlab

We went out to MA1234567890 for some Ling action on the fly. Anyone know of any good recipes?????? Largest fish of the day was a 52" Leviathan weighing close to 15 lbs, not pictured... Yes, that is a rockfish in the gullet of that bad boy Ling.

colton rogers

wishin' i was fishin'
well for not wanting to give up details you did give away alot of information. best ling recipe i know of is to beat an egg or 2 depending on how much you plan to cook, put a little bit of salt in the egg, dip the fish chunk in the egg(2 inch by 4-6 inchs) and then put it in panko bread crumbs. cook the fish in a pan with some hot oil. tastyyyyy

yellowlab

well for not wanting to give up details you did give away alot of information. best ling recipe i know of is to beat an egg or 2 depending on how much you plan to cook, put a little bit of salt in the egg, dip the fish chunk in the egg(2 inch by 4-6 inchs) and then put it in panko bread crumbs. cook the fish in a pan with some hot oil. tastyyyyy
Thanks, will have to try that out. Its coming out too tough, prob. overcooking it. I am going to try poaching it and making a Chinese ginger, garlic and green onion fish sauce to sear it with.

FYI: Setting the record straight, that big one was mine! Paul tied the fly and took me out but it was my skills (haha) that brought in that big one! hahaha.....it was an awesome day and all thanks to Paulie!

yellowlab

FYI: Setting the record straight, that big one was mine! Paul tied the fly and took me out but it was my skills (haha) that brought in that big one! hahaha.....it was an awesome day and all thanks to Paulie!
All your skillz are due to my sweet guiding instruction. The student learned from the teacher, how to cast, how to tie a knot, how to hookset and land a fish. Damn, I was even netting the fish and un-hooking them for you and driving the boat! If I had more time on the water, I would've landed that big Mama fish. I'll remember your skillz the next Im out rippin' em and you're snoring away in your comfy bed. I especially liked that look on your face when I made my first cast and landed the first Ling, classic.

All your skillz are due to my sweet guiding instruction. The student learned from the teacher, how to cast, how to tie a knot, how to hookset and land a fish. Damn, I was even netting the fish and un-hooking them for you and driving the boat! If I had more time on the water, I would've landed that big Mama fish. I'll remember your skillz the next Im out rippin' em and you're snoring away in your comfy bed. I especially liked that look on your face when I made my first cast and landed the first Ling, classic.
But who caught the first fish of the day on the first cast of the day? hmmmmm.....hahaha

Good times! Paul is an awesome guide and teacher....just watch out for his weighted flies flying thru the air...hence my moniker "flyindaeye" hahahaha..j/k.

that fish eye pic is awesome!! nice work on the lings!

Grill em up with some butter, garlic, lemon, lemon zest, salt, pepper, paprika, and some fresh parmesean. very good! Also, cajun style blackened ling is excellet too!

ak_powder_monkey

Proud to Be Alaskan
Beer Batter as follows:

'bout half an Alaskan IPA
Some dry Pancake Batter
A bit of cornmeal (for crunch)
1 egg
some cayanne pepper

Cut ling into chunks dip and deep fry
Serve with beer battered onion rings and fries...

Drink Beer