Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

Yakima Spey Clinic??

Spey 
3K views 45 replies 15 participants last post by  Mumbles 
#1 ·
OK, local yokals (Yakima, Lower Valley, Eburg, Moses Hole, Tri-Cities, Goldendale, Wenatchee/Leavenworth, W2, et al) the infamous Sir Kinney has graciously offered up a spey casting clinic on the Yakima. No you don't have to drive to the S rivers to partake..you can learn from a true jedi here. Yes, there is a cost and don't know what that'll be yet..Mike will let us know. Is it worth whatever it'll cost? Absolutely..I braved the pass last year to take his class on the Snohomish..3 hour class turned into about 5 w/o question. Awesome teacher who knows his shit. Give Mike an interest notation and committment and we'll get er done. Thanx guys..here is hoping we can increase the 2 handed interest into the east side.
Eric

#32 ·
Seth..space is unlimited as far as I know. Good on you to make the trek..should be good times. I'm thinkin of bringin a cooler of PBR, some munchies, and who knows what else. Lets have some fun, enjoy Mike and each other, and learn. Could this turn into a Yakima Clave?? How cool would that be..Clearwater, Sandy, Yakima???

#35 ·
TTT, just sayin we have a jedi comin east. Wat say you? I've got my son dialed in using my spey 7wt rig..I wanna learn my 4wt switch which I'll prolly use more. U up for a cool experience from the Skagit Master? Shite, this dude has his own U Tube things, a kindle offering which I haven't fully read yet. He's a cool guy..kinda in your face, but cool.

Note to benevolent Administrator..this was my personal invite to Mike.

#44 ·
K, three days away till launch off. Mike, I'm bringing my son (34) who has never held a 2 hander so you have at least 2 total newbs. I hope that the roll call is healthy for ya on Sunday. BTW, for those not familiar with the launch, it's on the south end of the Eaton Ranch in mid canyon. The only ranch in the canyon..big irrigated field on the west side of the highway. Ben and I will probably be there by 0930 or so to help set up. I'll donate a case of PBR (fly fishers nectar) and water so we don't dehydrate. You might think about some food if we go beyond lunch time..which I suspect we will based on my first experience on the Sky. Chime in boys and girls, let this jedi know we are worthy on the dryside.
Eric

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.