Opening day reports?

I unfortunately didn't get out for dove this morning, I was turned off by the rain the night before. But I will give it a try this Friday near Yakima. Anyone have any luck out there bagging some Doves or Grouse?... or Bear or whatever else is open for that matter?

fodf

Team Umiak
Man, there are very few flyin here in town or surrounding orchards. Don't know what is happenin below the gap. This weather couldn't have happened at a worse time..like always.

Ya, I'll be hunting the lower valley, and crossing my fingers that I see at least a few. Gonna scout a bit on my drive home from Dayton tomorrow.

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
I'm glad someone found some birds. I didn't even take my gun out of the case. I mean I did some serious scouting, too and couldn't find any birds. All of my old reliable spots had zip for birds. That makes it two years in a row. The landowner who's property I shoot noticed a distinct drop in the number of birds over the last week. I drove all over the lower valley and saw, maybe, 12 doves. I went past wheat stubble fields: nothing. Well done for those who found birds. Oh, well, duck season is on it's way and there's grouse to focus on.