5th Olympic Peninsula Fly Expo Sat March 22

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bob Triggs, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Ratings: +644 / 0
  2. Griswald a.k.a. Griswald

Vashon Island, Wa.
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    I will see you there Bob.

I goto this show over the "big one" as I believe it is very true to our passion...and I really enjoy it.

That said, the Bellevue show is a nice one too, and I am not knocking it.

Best,
    Griswald
  3. Jim Reed member

edgewood wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Great event, small and friendly, you get to meet the area experts up close and personal, last year the TFO rep was there and you could try out anyone of their sticks. I highly recommend this show. See you in March..............Jim
  4. jonbackman Member

Mt. Vernon
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    I went to this show last year, and I went to the Bellevue show yesterday. I prefer the smaller of the two. The atmoshpere is pleasant and feels more like a big meeting of like-minded fly fisherman than a corporate show. That being said, I attended 2 seminars at the Bellevue show, and they were great, as were the casting demonstrations in the pool. If you have a chance, I'd say hit the O.P. show, it's fun.
  5. kodiaksalmon Jeff B.

Muskie country!
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I missed it last year, but hope to make it this year. Sounds like a good show.
  6. Banzai FFing and VWs...Bugs & Bugs

Bremerton, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Small, fun, cozy and personal. A good show that is more in touch with the West side of the Sound. I like it.
  7. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    I missed it the last two years, went the two prior years, but no way am i missing it this time. See you there!
  8. Gary Thayer Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    Considering arriving by ferry from Whidbey, is it walkable to the fairgrounds? What is the approximate distance?

GT
  9. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    From the ferry terminal you can walk to the nearest Jefferson Transit bus stop on Simms Way (Water Street) and get a local bus out to the Jefferson County Fairgrounds. If you hoof it - about two miles one way.
  10. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +836 / 1
    Bob,

Looking forward to seeing you there.

Leland.
  11. Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Olympic Peninsula
    Bumped: If you click on the show web page they have a schedule posted now. See you there!
  12. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +540 / 0
    Damn. Not going. Today only decent weather day coming up in the next week, as far as the forecast goes. Need it to get some work done. The near-term longer range outlook is for a wet April. I need every sunny day i can grab.bawling: This bites.