finally got my 20 pounder

Blue

I know when I caught my 36" Cutthroat Hybrid that I was never going to top that unless I went Steel...nice fish for sure!

Dehydration will shrink those 40.5" to 36" every time! Looks like you're a satisfied angler nonetheless. Remember, no cheerleader can help how large or small it is. And there are no bad cheerleader, just that some are more enjoyable than others.

Sg
Wait, did I read this right? Nice fish Adam!

Jerry Daschofsky

Staff member
Dehydration will shrink those 40.5" to 36" every time! Looks like you're a satisfied angler nonetheless. Remember, no steelhead can help how large or small it is. And there are no bad steelhead, just that some are more enjoyable than others.

Sg
LOL, I was going to say that. You lose an inch an hour out of the water. ROFL (wish that was true LOL).

Great fish anyways. I wouldn't bitch about that fish.

inland

Adam,

Thanks for being HONEST about it once you had a chance to get a proper measurement. Nice fish nonetheless and it will grill up fantastic. Try a cajun rub with olive oil and mesquite wood chips for smoke flavor. Scrape off the grey layer (post grilling) which separates the skin and inner muscle. Goes a long way in removing the gamey flavor of steelhead.

Dryline?

William

For all the years I've chased Mr. Steelhead ... I've only 'broken' the 20# barrier once. (26#8oz). HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you. It may well be a once in a life-time experience.
fae