Throwing rocks at steelhead.

Nope not some secert code. I am just wondering how many of you have honestly thrown rocks into the river to move fish. it is a tatic that jim teeny teaches.

bennysbuddy

the sultan of swing
I just let benny swim around in the run, most people don't realize than benny is really a fish herding dog . That and he's a great guard dog although he likes to mark his territory now and then.

Panhandle

Dustin, I thought you were kidding. Really?

Alex, "rock throwing" has its origins with the "great" Jim Teeny. Back in the day of 3M steelhead videos, he made his name by throwing rocks at visibly holding fish; often on beds, in order to make the fish aggressive so that he could hook fish for the videos. It did work, would work, and is wrong. I won't get into the other infamous tactics used, because he's apparently a good guy and skillful steelheader (from what I’ve heard), and we all lose discretion during our 15 minutes of fame (from what I’ve heard).

ten80

Throwing rocks falls under "harassment" according to WDFW rules. Not only is it disrespectful to fish, but it's the kind of low-life behavior that I'd associate with snaggers and poachers. If you are so desperate to catch a fish that you resort to such douche-baggery, then you might as well quit the sport and buy fish at the market. Throw a rock at a fish and I'll throw one your head, to see if I can get you to take a pink worm.

Ed Call

On the eve of Thanksgiving, can't we just be thankful that the steelhead are not extinct? Can't we be thankful that we are healthy enough to fish for them? Let us not go down the road of threats or implications of violence or lawlessness?

Dustin, I thought you were kidding. Really?

Alex, "rock throwing" has its origins with the "great" Jim Teeny. Back in the day of 3M steelhead videos, he made his name by throwing rocks at visibly holding fish; often on beds, in order to make the fish aggressive so that he could hook fish for the videos. It did work, would work, and is wrong. I won't get into the other infamous tactics used, because he's apparently a good guy and skillful steelheader (from what I’ve heard), and we all lose discretion during our 15 minutes of fame (from what I’ve heard).
No im not throwing rocks at steelhead. sorry if i gave the wrong idea.

i watched jim teenys dvd and there was a section on it. it seems effective but i was wondering what everyone thought about it after discussing it with a friend.

Panhandle

No im not throwing rocks at steelhead. sorry if i gave the wrong idea.

i watched jim teenys dvd and there was a section on it. it seems effective but i was wondering what everyone thought about it after discussing it with a friend.
What does your common sense tell you? If we told you it was awasome, would it be awesome?