Nice outing with Taryn on the Columbia for duck

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
Thurs through Sun we hit the Columbia and found mostly Wigeon. Four dads, four kids, two dogs, two RV's and a boat. Very fun outing. Taryn got her first duck! My dog Axle was a rock star on retrieve which was really fun to watch.

Chris

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
Great post and the best part of this post is the word "kids". I just don't see enough people getting kids out hunting anymore and I fear for the future of the sport. Well done to the adults, photos were great, too.

Ed Call

You sir are a man living the good life. Absolutely freaking amazing. Congrats dad. Congrats Taryn. Well done Axel. Nice report and pics Chris.

Awesome report! Super jealous, I have not had a chance to make over to the east side duck hunting yet this year. Although it has not been bad over here on the west side. But there is still something about the smell of sage brush and scenery over there that makes it a truly special place to duck hunt. Glad you guys had a fun trip.

Roper

Idiot Savant
God times Chris, glad to hear that pup of yours is shaping up nicely, darned good looking dog. Kudos for taking the youngin's. The Okanogan is an untapped resource for ducks also. I'm trying to learn this game to add to my fun at the property. During the holiday break I hope to hit the valley for some quail and ditch parrots, maybe even some quackers.

JesseC

Man, those are some great photos. What lens are you using in the first shot just out of curiosity? I dig the depth of field.

Chris Scoones

Administrator
Staff member
Jesse, it's a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8. I'm within three feet of her in that photo which makes shots within the boat or blind, among other things, a lot nicer. I like the lens enough to justify packing two lenses on trips now. That Tokina and a Canon 24-105mm f4.

JesseC

Jesse, it's a Tokina 11-16mm f2.8. I'm within three feet of her in that photo which makes shots within the boat or blind, among other things, a lot nicer. I like the lens enough to justify packing two lenses on trips now. That Tokina and a Canon 24-105mm f4.
Thanks for the info. I'm beginning to regret my recent 55mm lens purchase. I have to get so far back it's a pain in the ass. Great picture and it looks like an awesome day. Makes me look forward to being a father soon :)

Alex MacDonald

that's His Lordship, to you.....
Crap, Chris-you guys were in my neighborhood!! We gotta get out for dux, man!! Those were great shots, and you should be duly proud of Axel and Taryn! I see the road on Google; I should check it out this weekend!