Hohdown, March 19

Ed Call

Well-Known Member
I suggest a wait and see posture right now. Cowlitz is not part of my contingency plan. Let's see what the flows do. As for those ready to map out the Plan B to the Cowlitz, strongly suggest a thread to get that rolling and add the necessary spit and polish to the plan. If I don't end up where you end up, I'll miss some of you mugs a bunch! You know who you are!
 
Well, If I left tomorrow for the Hoh it would be towing the driftboat behind the motorhome. Can't walk/fish anything with this shit. I'd be setting there for the foreseeable future with nothing to do.
 

Salmo_g

Well-Known Member
It can still be a Hohdown, but the weather is in control, not us. Because of the logistics, investment, and Jerry's cooking time commitment, it just seemed logical to try and plan a contingency. Camping at Blue Ck is feasible, but the campfire ban does suck. But if Jerry says no to the Barrier Campground, I'm following his lead.

Jeff, use your schedule to be flexible. We certainly want to meet up on the Hoh, but if it's blown with no chance of coming in, we are best served by having a realistic alternative. As much fun as socializing and eating great food is, it would sure be nice to do some fishing as well.

Sg
 

Jerry Daschofsky

Moderator
Staff member
Ok I say we make the call on Tuesday. As of right now the Hoh is dropping. That'll give it 4 days. Id much rather fish the Hoh personally then the Cow (I've loathed that river for years) and have always made a yearly trip around time of Hoh Down. So any of you guys debating going for troot on da Yak hold your ponies. ;)
 
Ok I say we make the call on Tuesday. As of right now the Hoh is dropping. That'll give it 4 days. Id much rather fish the Hoh personally then the Cow (I've loathed that river for years) and have always made a yearly trip around time of Hoh Down. So any of you guys debating going for troot on da Yak hold your ponies. ;)
Sounds good sir. I would opt out of a Yak trip as I don't even own trout gear. If things just don't end up working out, we'll need to figure out a plan for the three kegs of beer since a few members here pitched in a few bucks to help pay for the ingredients/making of them.
 

Jerry Daschofsky

Moderator
Staff member
Evan I already got some info on some running to the Yak if Hoh is out not wanting to fish the Cow. With Hoh dropping like it is we may be in luck. Why I say give it a few days.

I will be doing food buy on Thursday. So if you opt out let me know by Wednesday and I will refund money (or take checks and destroy since I haven't cashed yet).
 
I was planning on heading over there today until the flows shot up like that. I talked to some buddies that were over there this week and they said everything is definitely gone for right now. The weather predictions are for more rain this weekend...but then hopefully it will let off starting Monday and maybe things will drop back into shape by Thursday. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Christian
 

Matt Smith

On the river Noyb
Wherever we want to take this party, I'm down. My ordered preference, Hoh, Yak, Cow I'm just looking forward to some fishing, 5 days off work and some campfire BS