Short Belize Report

Steve Call

I am so jealous! Spent about 10 days in Belize in 2006 - mostly down in Placencia. I caught a lot of bonefish. Saw quite a few permit but never connected. No tarpon, but had a blast catching barracuda!

ribka

The grand slam. Congrats. Never able to finish a grand slam. Could never connect on permit when the bone fish, tarpon were hitting.

You have some bragging rights now

Oh, Man! makes me regret going back to work for a living.. haven't been there in like 12 years. Probably some of the best, friendliest, luxe, adventure fishing i've had.
Grreat work on the Slam
Rich

Upton O

Blind hog fisherman
I'm sitting here listening to the wind and rain pelt the house, its chilly outside and I've become a Belize woosie. Man, I miss that place. We met some really fun people; my guide, the staff and accommodations at El Pescador were outstanding and, of course, the fishing for a man of my skill set was perfect. The next trip down I'm targeting a REAL tarpon, and more permit, and more bones, ah, hell, I want it all. Anyway, thanks for all of your comments. I'm still in the after glow. I know Leland is hosting a group heading down there in late spring when there is greater possibility for more and larger tarpon. From what I know, this time of year they are scarce and not typically seen a lot. If anyone wants more info, please PM me with your phone number and I'll give you any help I can.