Plug Clave

_WW_

Geriatric Skagit Swinger
Might as well learn it all!
Pulling plugs with rods over 10' and costing thousands.
Proper rowing techniques.
Best knots for your plugs.
Yes, size is important.
Best colors for the OP.
Spey casting plugs...or as I like to say "Pokin' Plugs!"

Ed Call

I've got some plugs. Never thought of tossing them with the two hander, but why not? All mine have single point barbless hooks already, that is how I fished them before my fly flinging days.

Ed Call

Just added my plugs to my Hoh Down gear packing list. If I follow my packing protocol I'll have them and will be able to see how well they cast on my two hander. I guess I'll be up for swinging some plugs if Stewart Dee and/or Golfman are!

Ed Call

You really can't call yourself an accomplished two handed plug fishermen until you have swung the zara spook or the jitterbug on the surface for summer fish. By the way mine are all the old wood versions, hand carved, hand painted, because I am a purist.
That is awesome elitism in that he's swinging the classics in hand carved and painted wood. Awesome sauce right there!

personal preference. I swing dick nites on the long rod already. At least its on the swing right?
But more importantly, I like giving people shit for no apparent reason. Ive never personally been outfishedby a bead,so I have no direct animosity. Plus, you gotta love the rediculous grabs you get from plugs. Rip the rod out of your hand style grabs. Thats what I feel bobber fishing a bead robs from the general experience, you never feel the fury of that super aggressive take. That to me is the soul of steelheading. Nothing else like it.

Ed Call

My free movie credits were used up! I'm not paying for a plug clave movie. Wait, ridiculous cartoon movies, what the hell are you talking about ridiculous? You know that crap makes you laugh.