Why wouldn't I want a Loop Classic? (if the price was right)

Panhandle

Golf, your sure you had a classic, the one in my pic. I'm a classic reel guy too and its a very fine reel. Would I take it over a seracione, which are priced about the same? No. Would I take either one of them over my soon to be Olson? No. Its all relative and relatively speeking, the Classic is a very nice reel, very nice.

Jimmy, again you don't know what your talking about

read my posts I had one..YOU though should get it because we KNOW it's all about looks and nothing to do with substance for you!!!!

More bling for collection!!!
You don't know me too well golf.. fishing is my escapes, sorry I don't do substance...I am staying clean.. no influence please..keep it to yourself.. beside what's wrong looking good doing it?

Leroy Laviolet

Aint no nookie like chinookie
I had a Saracione and a Loop classic, had to sell one. Sold the Saracione , and I would not change that descision , I love the classic...
It's all relative to the owner as to which one is "Better" , everyone's definition of better is different, not sure why we even bother to get into it here-
The better one is up to the individual-
Buy da loop-

I had a Saracione and a Loop classic, had to sell one. Sold the Saracione , and I would not change that descision , I love the classic...
It's all relative to the owner as to which one is "Better" , everyone's definition of better is different, not sure why we even bother to get into it here-
The better one is up to the individual-
Buy da loop-
Well said..

Ignatius, welcome to this one big happy family...just buy whatever made you feel right..

G

golfman65

Golf, your sure you had a classic, the one in my pic. I'm a classic reel guy too and its a very fine reel. Would I take it over a seracione, which are priced about the same? No. Would I take either one of them over my soon to be Olson? No. Its all relative and relatively speeking, the Classic is a very nice reel, very nice.
You prick..your getting an Olson??? Drag or clicker pawl?...

and yes I had a classic...but at the same price I picked the sara as well...I love that thing...Sheeit...i've been looking at those olsons too....Man, think a bob clay comes before that though...:)

The Classic is a fine reel compared to the others in this thread IMHO, to each his own. I have both a 79 and 58, use the 58 on a 12' 6" echo DH 6wt and it balances fine. I almost feel the 79 is too big for many of the Eastside rivers except for the CW. Never used a Saracione but could never find one for the price a paid for the Classics. Got the 79 for less than $500 and the 58 for $350 both new. I was fortunate to know a dealer that had to blow them out when he closed his shop.
:beer2:

Tight Lines,
Cougar97

Thanks Philster. The only reason I got the red was it was NIB, one of only one hundred made and $400,
I had the black one, but traded it. I'll find another black one most likely. I like 'em.

Philster

Thanks Philster. The only reason I got the red was it was NIB, one of only one hundred made and $400,
I had the black one, but traded it. I'll find another black one most likely. I like 'em.
That's beyond a no-brainer... That's one of the craziest deals I've heard of for a NIB reel of that quality.

Well I bit the bullet and got a classic 10-13 for under 5 bills ( the most expensive piece of fishing equipment I own) I am waiting for delivery next week. Probably crazy to buy one for that kind of money without trying it out first but figure I can get my money back out of it if I don't like it. Appreciate all the opinions and advice contributed.